Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started noticing a squeak when turning the steering wheel at about 2,000 miles. It's typically soon after startup and is quiet enough not to be objectionable. Has anyone else experienced similar? If so, did it grow louder?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mine started sooner than you, 1500 or so. It squeaks when cool and as it warms up I don't notice it anymore. So annoying.

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or plastic-on-plastic?

Reactions: AlfaAndy

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine started sooner than you, 1500 or so. It squeaks when cool and as it warms up I don't notice it anymore. So annoying.
That's funny. My '94 164 Quad does the same thing. Always has. Maybe this is one of those Alfa characteristics that has been accurately recreated in the new models to maintain brand integrity!

·
Registered
66 Posts
+1 here... the car has less than 1k and I began to hear the steering wheel squeak after 700+. Goes away once the car is warmed up... Hoping there's no long term issues with this...

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I'm wondering what it will be like in winter. Certainly tolerable if it doesn't get worse.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have a squeak in the wheel also. Mine sounds to me like the leather is loose enough to "squeak" on the underlying materials. I also have a squeak/rattle from the gauge hoods. Forcing a paper between the leather dash and the hoods fixes it. I'll see if I can find a better way but mine are definitely material on material.

Also, mine is getting worse...the dash is much worse.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a squeak in the wheel also. Mine sounds to me like the leather is loose enough to "squeak" on the underlying materials. I also have a squeak/rattle from the gauge hoods. Forcing a paper between the leather dash and the hoods fixes it. I'll see if I can find a better way but mine are definitely material on material.

Also, mine is getting worse...the dash is much worse.
Mine does the same thing from the gage hood. I had a loner a couple of week ago without the leather package and it had no rattle at all. Mine is definitely caused by the leather rubbing on the plastic. It's not a big deal just a little annoying. If I turn the radio up loud enough I can't hear it.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
This is some funny stuff, mine does same thing in the morning. It is funny because some 35 years ago my first car was clone of Fiat 128, so was the second one, both had same squeek.....if I am not somehow mistaken it appears that steering wheel plastic is barely touching column surround.....it goes away quick but is annoying as ****....on old Fiats we just put two thin washers between two halves of the column surround.... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts