Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My first post in to the group so hello to everyone. Like an idiot I was moving stuff into a new flat and have totally scratched and dented the Alfa badge on my steering wheel. I’ve been into Alfa and they said I would have to buy a whole new airbag which is attached at £300+. Surly there is a way of replacing or repairing these? Hope you can help!

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
That doesn't look too bad. I might try a little paint and polish. I would hesitate to simply glue another badge over it. People have been killed by flying metal pieces from airbags. Takata comes to mind.

I agree, doesn’t look that bad. Unless it looks worse in person then in pic I’d try to fix that one or live with it a minute, may find its not that bad.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
People have been looking for steering badge for Giulia for a while for different reasons (color seems better) but it just isnt available in that size, China makes tons of older 40mm versions so they eventually will probably make one of new size

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Welcome.

I think 19737 is right.. I would be afraid i was installing a projectile to the front of my airbag. Sorry...
And you are not afraid that original one will fly in your face?

I am pretty sure original is glued on the bag cover also....bag covers have weak points in them and they usually deflect to the side during bag deployment, if you look real close you will actually be able to locate the weak points in the plastics

·
Vendor
1,287 Posts
Those badges are molded into the airbag module to prevent that. That is also why there are not full replacements without replacing the entire airbag.

·
Registered
2020 Giulia
1,005 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.