Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looooove my new Giulia. But! The steering wheel is 3-5 degrees left of perfectly vertical when driving on a reasonably level road. Car tracks great, everything is fine. Right rear tire shows slightly high PSI; was going to adjust first and see what happens.

Question 1: Have you seen something similar on yours?

Question 2: What should I do about this? Go to dealer and ask them to check alignment and steering wheel position? Ignore it? Something else?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Head to the dealer and have an alignment done, should be under warranty I believe if under 1yr/10k.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thought my steering wheel was 3 or so degrees off after car was delivered. It tracked straight and did not pull when brakes were applied but if I held the steering wheel "level" car seemed to track to the right. Dealer service drove it and said nothing was out of spec. Thank goodness they returned the car to me without attempting any toe corrections to center the wheel. As it turned out, I was optically aligning the steering wheel with the tach/speedo cluster. I finally realized the speedo cluster is slightly lower than the tach. Duh! When I finally got the memo and optically aligned the steering wheel with the blinker and wiper levers, which seem to be level; all was perfect, the birds sang, the sun came out and I no longer have to self report to the psych ward.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh my god. This needs to be a sticky. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thought my steering wheel was 3 or so degrees off after car was delivered. It tracked straight and did not pull when brakes were applied but if I held the steering wheel "level" car seemed to track to the right. Dealer service drove it and said nothing was out of spec. Thank goodness they returned the car to me without attempting any toe corrections to center the wheel. As it turned out, I was optically aligning the steering wheel with the tach/speedo cluster. I finally realized the speedo cluster is slightly lower than the tach. Duh! When I finally got the memo and optically aligned the steering wheel with the blinker and wiper levers, which seem to be level; all was perfect, the birds sang, the sun came out and I no longer have to self report to the psych ward.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drove it today. This is EXACTLY what is going on. I had cleared my calendar and was heading straight to the asylum today - now I don't need to!

Reactions: John_K_348
1 - 6 of 6 Posts