Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
I tried some low speed sharp turning today and NOW I think maybe they did modify it. Far less tire skip than my 2017. A little stiffer feeling, too. Still good, though. I will keep analyzing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I tried some low speed sharp turning today and NOW I think maybe they did modify it. Far less tire skip than my 2017. A little stiffer feeling, too. Still good, though. I will keep analyzing.

Thanks Dr. Klopek
I need to test drive a new 2020 so I can experience the difference. I have only driven the 2017 and 2018.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Someone mentioned possible software update? IMO the 19&20's require less input to drive/keep straight on the highway due to "self centering steering". The trade off being "require less input to drive". Eventually well have an official answer as to what was changed. My larger issue is body roll, I'm so used to my Mini that everything feels like a boat, even a QV.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Someone mentioned possible software update? IMO the 19&20's require less input to drive/keep straight on the highway due to "self centering steering". The trade off being "require less input to drive". Eventually well have an official answer as to what was changed. My larger issue is body roll, I'm so used to my Mini that everything feels like a boat, even a QV.

LOL.. I know what you mean. I have a 2005 Mini Cooper S and it feels like a street legal go-cart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been reading posts that the steering feel on the new 2020 Giulia has changed.
I'm seeing posts like,

"There is a definite change in steering response."

"It’s definitely not as quick as it was before."

"The most noticeable thing is the steering it is not as fast as the 2018 Still great just not as go karty and I kind of miss the old feel"

Has anyone with a 2020 QV noticed a change? I really hope the QV models haven't had the steering response changed. If it has changed I will have to start looking for a 2019

Thanks
The 2019 handles really nice. I noticied the 2020 stelvio I had did not handle as well as I thought it would but it’s also a SUV

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been reading posts that the steering feel on the new 2020 Giulia has changed.
I'm seeing posts like,

"The most noticeable thing is the steering it is not as fast as the 2018 Still great just not as go karty and I kind of miss the old feel"

Has anyone with a 2020 QV noticed a change? I really hope the QV models haven't had the steering response changed. If it has changed I will have to start looking for a 2019

Thanks
I'm seeing posts like,

Thanks
I actually have had the opposite experience. I’ve had a 2017 then a 2019 and now at 2020. There is absolutely nothing better than the 2020 response feel and handling. I noticed a marketable difference in the quality of build in a 2020. I am so pleased with my 2020 all wheel drive Giulia it’s like night and day. The car is also quieter not to mention the technical upgrades. Hoping Alfa continues on this path of added quality.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts