Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Is the idea to drive with it visible but then hide it if you see a cop, or vice versa?

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think the idea is that it's cool and fun to do. If a cop saw you do that...you'd certainly get a ticket and possibly a complete search.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Would be great if it displayed a fake plate. This way you drive with fake one on, so if a cop wants to pull you over for speeding, You put the real one on and then you can say it wasn't you

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I think if a cop caught you with that he should haul you in for questioning and would be justified to call for a tear the vehicle apart style search.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Totally illegal, I was watching TV a while ago and this stuff was going on in Florida a lot on big rigs. In fact they went as far as having rotating plates that they could pull on a string from the inside of the cab. I think they ended up going to jail.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
In today’s world full of cameras and rats you can almost guarantee some joe citizen would see the shade go down to cover the plate and follow you waiting for you to put the shade back up exposing the plate so he can take a pic and feel like Barney fife. Posting it all over the internet like a rat.
But if you want to save $5 in ez pass and can get passed paying $5k in bail then I guess the plate might be worth it. It’s def effective.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
all you have to do is use an LCD with a polarising filter that way when the cop puts on his Ray Ban gold plated Aviator teardrop sunglasses, the ones with the huge circle above the nose, you know the guy ... we all know the guy ... he wont see a plate at all as you hurtle past him doing doughnuts outside Krispy Kreme car park

by the time he decides Krispy Kreme chocolate icing or chase, you are long gone -----------------------------> 0_0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts