Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry to hear what you’re going through ,I also completely understand and comply with mask mandates and I try to socially distance as much as possible. Some of it however makes no sense to me for instance All of the grocery stores reducing their hours so that people who work late don’t have a chance to go grocery shopping.It seems like if anything they would expand their hours so that people would have opportunities to shop when it’s less crowded.
Thank you man!

So you guys have the store hour adjustments too... Yeah those are wonderful in creating crowds which go against the mantra of social distancing!! Ridic!

You should see how people drive right before the curfew to get back home on time..... Makes my 160kph highway cruising rather sad when get passed by a Yaris who's wheels are about to fall off all to avoid a $1550 fine!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Does that mean you were unable to have the fix applied?
Unable... unwilling... they keep feeding me BS the the MY2020 and up don't have SBLs anymore despite mind being there and despite them having worked. I told them to refer to @xc1097 car experience at his Boston dealer and they claimed that the notes there are for some interior LED issue.... I am trying a different dealer next week....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thank you man!

So you guys have the store hour adjustments too... Yeah those are wonderful in creating crowds which go against the mantra of social distancing!! Ridic!

You should see how people drive right before the curfew to get back home on time..... Makes my 160kph highway cruising rather sad when get passed by a Yaris who's wheels are about to fall off all to avoid a $1550 fine!!
Thankfully in Florida there is no fines it was just an inconvenience issue and now most of the stores have pretty much went back to regular hours

·
Registered
114 Posts
Unable... unwilling... they keep feeding me BS the the MY2020 and up don't have SBLs anymore despite mind being there and despite them having worked. I told them to refer to @xc1097 car experience at his Boston dealer and they claimed that the notes there are for some interior LED issue.... I am trying a different dealer next week....
That’s ridiculous why would the lights physically be on the car if it didn’t have them?
But then again we’re talking about a Dealer network that can’t seem to even adjust Tires to proper inflation before delivering a vehicle

·
Registered
184 Posts
That’s ridiculous why would the lights physically be on the car if it didn’t have them?
But then again we’re talking about a Dealer network that can’t seem to even adjust Tires to proper inflation before delivering a vehicle
:cry:

I'll keep you posted what the other dealer says.... However, I am holding my breath.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,568 Posts
You forgot over fed ,but that’s more of a cliché about the people you see on a cruise 🚢
Methinks you’re taking the wrong cruises.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Methinks you’re taking the wrong cruises.
We usually take Royal Caribbean Freedom of the seas or liberty ,they have some good itineraries.
We tried a carnival cruise once, never again! It was like being stuffed on a boat with everyone who eats at Golden Corral 😆
I would love to try Holland or some of the other smaller more exclusive boats, as well as one of the Viking European river cruises.
However my budget isn’t there yet, do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
We usually take Royal Caribbean Freedom of the seas or liberty ,they have some good itineraries.
We tried a carnival cruise once, never again! It was like being stuffed on a boat with everyone who eats at Golden Corral 😆
I would love to try Holland or some of the other smaller more exclusive boats, as well as one of the Viking European river cruises.
Have a look at Star Clippers if you’re looking for a different cruise experience. Very low key and refined, not totally budget busting. Not suitable for young kids though if that’s a consideration.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Have a look at Star Clippers if you’re looking for a different cruise experience. Very low key and refined, not totally budget busting. Not suitable for young kids though if that’s a consideration.

We sailed on the Star Clipper about 25 years ago and really liked it. Older ships now but should be fine if maintained well.

We used to be Windstar fans. Their smaller (~140 passenger) ships are more yacht-like. The 300+ passenger Wind Surf was disappointing the first time we sailed on her and really showed her age when we made the mistake of sailing on her again in December 2019 (immediately after a re-fit).

My cruise ship "sweet spot" is 100-150 passengers, which I imagine sounds impossibly small to some. I'm a big fan of adventure/expedition cruising and have enjoyed some really special destinations. My wife and I are booked on an Antarctic expedition in December. At this point we have no assurance that it will be sailing.

As for kids, our daughter had a ball on Cruise West when she was seven. She followed up that Alaskan adventure with the Sea of Cortes and the Galapagos islands the following years. Yeah, we spoil. Ourselves as well.

Boy, are we off-topic!

Reactions: GokuQ2 and wingler

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
We sailed on the Star Clipper about 25 years ago and really liked it. Older ships now but should be fine if maintained well.

We used to be Windstar fans. Their smaller (~140 passenger) ships are more yacht-like. The 300+ passenger Wind Surf was disappointing the first time we sailed on her and really showed her age when we made the mistake of sailing on her again in December 2019 (immediately after a re-fit).

My cruise ship "sweet spot" is 100-150 passengers, which I imagine sounds impossibly small to some. I'm a big fan of adventure/expedition cruising and have enjoyed some really special destinations. My wife and I are booked on an Antarctic expedition in December. At this point we have no assurance that it will be sailing.

As for kids, our daughter had a ball on Cruise West when she was seven. She followed up that Alaskan adventure with the Sea of Cortes and the Galapagos islands the following years. Yeah, we spoil. Ourselves as well.

Boy, are we off-topic!
We have done 7 cruises with Star Clippers over the last 30 (!) years, so obviously fans. Our planned #8 Med cruise was canx by COVID, but hopefully soon! Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes big time off topic ,but I think the smaller more intimate cruises would be a nice change of pace. In Naples I know there is a small outfit that does eastern Caribbean cruises on a 19th century schooner that would be pretty interesting I think.
Galapagos is on my bucket list! Hope it works out So that you’re able to go on the Antarctic expedition that probably leaves from Christchurch right? Maybe there’s hope I’ve read that New Zealand has done a phenomenal job battling Covid

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
We have done 7 cruises with Star Clippers over the last 30 (!) years, so obviously fans. Our planned #8 Med cruise was canx by COVID, but hopefully soon! Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.....
All three ships? They're ~30 years old now. What kind of shape are they in? Have you tried the Sea Cloud?
Yes big time off topic ,but I think the smaller more intimate cruises would be a nice change of pace. In Naples I know there is a small outfit that does eastern Caribbean cruises on a 19th century schooner that would be pretty interesting I think.
Galapagos is on my bucket list! Hope it works out So that you’re able to go on the Antarctic expedition that probably leaves from Christchurch right? Maybe there’s hope I’ve read that New Zealand has done a phenomenal job battling Covid
The Galapagos Islands are amazing. I would enjoy a repeat visit.

While aircraft flying to McMurdo typically depart from ChristChurch (excellent Antarctic museum there), New Zealand sailings are usually from Bluff (near Invercargill)

Most Antarctic cruises actually depart from Ushuaia. The sail from there to the peninsula is a lot shorter than from Bluff to the Ross Sea area. It's also convenient to the Falklands and South Georgia.

Do you remember Windjammer's barefoot cruises? I would have enjoyed one of those. I suppose a charter is the next best thing. My cousin in Naples had a yacht in Tortola that got tossed and sunk by one of the hurricanes a few years back.

·
Registered
'20 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4 Rosso Comp
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
that's absurd, my RO clearly states that it's for SBL in plain english. i posted pictures as well.
that dealer/tech should just go pry his eye balls out since he can't read or chop off head since the large mass above his shoulder can't process any information.

Reactions: learner.seeker

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
All three ships? They're ~30 years old now. What kind of shape are they in? Have you tried the Sea Cloud?
The Galapagos Islands are amazing. I would enjoy a repeat visit.

While aircraft flying to McMurdo typically depart from ChristChurch (excellent Antarctic museum there), New Zealand sailings are usually from Bluff (near Invercargill)

Most Antarctic cruises actually depart from Ushuaia. The sail from there to the peninsula is a lot shorter than from Bluff to the Ross Sea area. It's also convenient to the Falklands and South Georgia.

Do you remember Windjammer's barefoot cruises? I would have enjoyed one of those. I suppose a charter is the next best thing. My cousin in Naples had a yacht in Tortola that got tossed and sunk by one of the hurricanes a few years back.
Yes, have been on all 3. They have a fourth built and ready to sail, slightly larger than the Royal Clipper. They’ve all been updated, upgraded and refitted over time, so all in good condition. I have not sailed on Sea Cloud, although I’ve seen it in port several times, last time in Venice. Windjammer was a bit on the rustic, party boat side for me. I like the heavily European clientele Star Clipper seems to attract, as well as the many repeat customers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
that's absurd, my RO clearly states that it's for SBL in plain english. i posted pictures as well.
that dealer/tech should just go pry his eye balls out since he can't read or chop off head since the large mass above his shoulder can't process any information.
Yeah he’s an idiot... I’m going to a different dealer Thursday!

161 - 180 of 187 Posts