Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giula Ti-Sport Carbon AWD
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1 month old 2020 Giulia headlight's SBL stopped working.
I noticed it was super dark to see road when i was turning offramp.

according to manual, it's supposed to be under 'settings', 'lights', 'cornering lights' but there is no 'cornering lights menu under lights menu and not available anywhere.
i reset all available setting and it's not coming back either.
everything works in the car except for that as far as i noticed.

anyone have same or similar issues?

·
Registered
10 Posts

according to manual, it's supposed to be under 'settings', 'lights', 'cornering lights' but there is no 'cornering lights menu under lights menu and not available anywhere.
i reset all available setting and it's not coming back either.
everything works in the car except for that as far as i noticed.

anyone have same or similar issues?
I don’t have the option on my 2020 either. The leds are in the headlight housing however

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t have the option on my 2020 either. The leds are in the headlight housing however
View attachment 105247
thanks, i'm aware of the location of those LEDs.
I went to dealer and had dealer tech look at it.
initially dealer tech said they are working fine, then said my car doesn't have that function.... smh....
i specifically said i'm not here for AFL, but SBL which all giulia had as standard option.
i even pointed out those LEDs and he said they will illuminate amber and i said turn signal will illuminate amber which is the ones below.
he went thru his device and tested and of course it lights turn signal amber, and no response from SBL.

long story short, they will be ordering 2 new headlights & BCM to replace.
checked all connections, fuses, everything is fine but just no response from headlight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hopefully they will resolve your issue and if so I’ll take mine in. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully they will resolve your issue and if so I’ll take mine in. Thanks for the info.
why are you taking yours in?
are you having same issues?
if so, make sure you mention it's SBL, not AFL & have the dealer tech bring another giulia in the lot and test it side-by-side.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I can't find the cornering lights in the menu with those directions either. Where could it be?

I'd like to turn mine off, as I live in a really bright area and the lights are more of a distraction than a help.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are your SBLs working now?
read above again.
long story short, they will be ordering 2 new headlights & BCM to replace.
checked all connections, fuses, everything is fine but just no response from headlight.
due to holiday, headlights will be arriving next week i believe. they're gonna call me once they arrive to schedule for install.
will need full day to do a swap as needs to drop front bumper + alignment & adjustment & etc i guess.

·
Registered
19 Posts
read above again.

due to holiday, headlights will be arriving next week i believe. they're gonna call me once they arrive to schedule for install.
will need full day to do a swap as needs to drop front bumper + alignment & adjustment & etc i guess.
A lot of work! Please keep us updated.
Sucks to have an issue like this. AR didn’t QA their cars? 😝

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A lot of work! Please keep us updated.
Sucks to have an issue like this. AR didn’t QA their cars? 😝
well, i'm guessing mine would've passed QA with flying colors because my SBL worked for last 3 weeks.
i don't know what caused it to stop working tho. i'll post update when i get it changed/fixed

Reactions: learner.seeker

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Is there any moisture in your headlights? I do not have any condensation, but I can see corrosion happening inside on the chromed plastic so it seems that some moisture is getting into mine. The BCM has gotta be a pricey magic box; at least it is relatively easy to R&R. The headlights are well known to be expensive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is there any moisture in your headlights? I do not have any condensation, but I can see corrosion happening inside on the chromed plastic so it seems that some moisture is getting into mine. The BCM has gotta be a pricey magic box; at least it is relatively easy to R&R. The headlights are well known to be expensive.
My car is brand new. No moisture...

·
Registered
6,434 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are your SBLs working?
My moisture question was directed to @xc1097 and anyone else who has reported an SBL fault.
no moisture/condensation at all.
it's brand new car. haven't driven in hard rain or water puddle.
my 2018, when i drove thru heavy downpour, passenger side headlight got flooded with water somehow and caused dash to go up like christmas tree.

@learner.seeker headlights are in today. next availability for service + loaner car is 12/8.
will update in 2 weeks when it's fixed/replaced.

Does this option need to be listed on the window sticker For a 2020?
no, all giulia have this as standard that's being sold in North America whether it's listed on window sticker or not.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts