Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 2018 Guilia today and as I was returning home, I noticed an icon on the center screen. When I returned home, I opened the manual to identify the icon. The icon was the start/stop function is disabled. Not a good start. I read the thread and responses and many folks who have this problem are happy because they dont have to deal with this annoyance. I think I know what caused this. When I was at the dealer I opened the hood. When I closed it, it may not have seated properly, so tomorrow I will determine if that is the root cause.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,894 Posts
Just press it on the left (passenger) side. If you hear a click you're good to go
Repeating the advice in the manual, do not press on the hood. It is very thin and easily bent. What I do is hold the hood at a little below chest height and give it a little downward push with my finger tips on the front edge to close.

The manual says to drop the hood from 18" open, but at least on my car that results in a too gentle closing.

When I wipe down the hood with a microfiber towel to move water off I can feel the metal deform slightly under a light pressure. No posing your girlfriend on the hood of this car!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Isn't the start/stop feature disabled in the first few hundred miles anyways? I think I remember reading it somewhere on this forum.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Isn't the start/stop feature disabled in the first few hundred miles anyways? I think I remember reading it somewhere on this forum.
It gets turned off for a number of reasons including low battery charge. But the amber icon should not show unless there is a true malfunction.

Reactions: DareBear

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Repeating the advice in the manual, do not press on the hood. It is very thin and easily bent. What I do is hold the hood at a little below chest height and give it a little downward push with my finger tips on the front edge to close.

The manual says to drop the hood from 18" open, but at least on my car that results in a too gentle closing.

When I wipe down the hood with a microfiber towel to move water off I can feel the metal deform slightly under a light pressure. No posing your girlfriend on the hood of this car!
Yeah I meant gently, no sitting of course.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Mine worked right off the lot with less than 100 miles (around 40 I think is what it had). Guess that was a good sign that everything was right with the car when I took delivery. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.