Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing all the negative posts about auto start/stop I am wondering if a software update has been done.

My November built 2018 QV's start/stop works exactly as expected. It's fairly responsive (as much as it is in any other car I've had it in) and isn't so intrusive that it must be turned off every time.

Any thoughts that mine might be different than some of yours?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I do know there is an RRT for a firmware update related to start/stop. Even though I always disable it, twice I got a failure warning to the start/stop system on turning the car on. I recently had my Quad in the dealer for the infotainment update, and mentioned the start/stop failures, and they told me they found a firmware update that was needed. Since I don't use it, I haven't noted any difference in operation since they updated the firmware.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
Seeing all the negative posts about auto start/stop I am wondering if a software update has been done.

My November built 2018 QV's start/stop works exactly as expected. It's fairly responsive (as much as it is in any other car I've had it in) and isn't so intrusive that it must be turned off every time.

Any thoughts that mine might be different than some of yours?
My car is a 2017 and there was an update included in the T57 recall. It really improved the start/stop system. I used to hate it before, now I don't mind it. The engine shuts down much more smoothly and not so quickly which would leave me without power sometimes before the update.

Reactions: Endeavour

·
Registered
383 Posts
I also have no issues with start/stop. The only time I turn it off are when I'm in a fast-food drive-thru or an automatic car wash. When I'm first at a light, I watch the cross signal and prepare when it turns yellow. If I can't see the cross signal, I let off the brake just enough to deactivate start/stop and it won't come back on again until the next time I stop after getting up to speed.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also have no issues with start/stop. The only time I turn it off are when I'm in a fast-food drive-thru or an automatic car wash. When I'm first at a light, I watch the cross signal and prepare when it turns yellow. If I can't see the cross signal, I let off the brake just enough to deactivate start/stop and it won't come back on again until the next time I stop after getting up to speed.
This. It's way way... Touchier... In my wife's Volvo.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
The Giulia's stop/start is about average. I sometimes deactivate it but normally use the modulation techniques described above.

How many here remember when cars used to stall? I imagine for some stop/start feels like that, at least initially. So potentially unnerving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts