Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have experienced this on two identical situations. Driving with cruise control own on two lane road. I reach a passing lane and accelerate with the gas pedal as the lane narrows and I pass a car the start/stop warning light comes on and the engine shuts down momentarily. It seems the radar is perhaps slamming on the brakes as the cruise is still activated even though I am manually accelerating above the set speed. I was told I was pressing the gas and the brake at the same time. At a dead stop that would not matter. at 75MPH ii is going to kill someone. I reported this to Alfa and was told I was causing the problem. Regardless it is a highly dangerous situation. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Happened to me. The dealership ended up having to replace the fuel pump. Don’t mess around with the dealership, start a care case with Alfa Romeo Cares immediately. And don’t let them jack you around. I had to have my car towed three times.

·
Registered
256 Posts
When was you car manufacturered? If you look inside the drivers door, it’ll be on the inside sticker. The manufacturer date is important because cars that seem to have these issues were built before March of 17.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts