Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my week old roughly 100 miles 2022 Veloce has the Start/Stop Unavailable, CEL, Service Engine & DNA locked. Yeah, not so thrilled about this. Thanks to Autozone I know that its P0461 Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance (shows twice), P1D7F DTC definition found which from reading here seems to be pretty common ... which is why it's baffling Alfa hasn't corrected this. I can't get in to service for a week so I am wondering 1) if there is a way to reset myself? 2) any reason this will impair their ability to fix/update when I do bring it in?

I'm still in that new car I wanna get out and drive this thing like right now. I'm sure y'all know what I mean.

Anyway, new here and can see already this is a nice spot.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
So my week old roughly 100 miles 2022 Veloce has the Start/Stop Unavailable, CEL, Service Engine & DNA locked. Yeah, not so thrilled about this. Thanks to Autozone I know that its P0461 Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance (shows twice), P1D7F DTC definition found which from reading here seems to be pretty common ... which is why it's baffling Alfa hasn't corrected this. I can't get in to service for a week so I am wondering 1) if there is a way to reset myself? 2) any reason this will impair their ability to fix/update when I do bring it in?

I'm still in that new car I wanna get out and drive this thing like right now. I'm sure y'all know what I mean.

Only way to reset is via an OBD scanner, and with a 2022 car you would also need an SGW (Security GateWay) bypass module.
For a practically new car, I would leave it to the dealer for now.

example scanner
alfissimo shop

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only way to reset is via an OBD scanner, and with a 2022 car you would also need an SGW (Security GateWay) bypass module.
For a practically new car, I would leave it to the dealer for now.

example scanner
alfissimo shop
I guess this will be an exercise in patience or maybe it will go away on it's own by next week. Thanks much for the information, it may be wise to get one of those, from what I've read here I'm going to see these lights again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to tidy this up for now, the day after I posted this I jumped in the car and headed to shake shake to satisfy a craving, somewhere between my house and the mall the error message was gone and all was back to normal. Seems the fix for this problem is Shake Shack, been almost a week and all has been well. Had it at the dealer for ceramic coating and they did a quick check but said no error codes showed at all, chalked it up to just a quirk.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Next time, try the 4-Starts-4-Stops in a row standard operating procedure (SOP) to clear some CELs. Perhaps, the CEL will go away. Sometimes, the error codes will stay there for the dealership to diagnose and delete in your next visit. Remember that when the CEL shows up, the car goes into limp mode stuck in N Mode and the stop/start does not work. Keep in mind also that you are going to probably see CELs from time to time, all false alarms and normally, those CELs will be cleared with that SOP. As you have demonstrated today, there is no problem, the engine works perfectly so, do not worry.

·
Registered
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
7 Posts

yeah my 2021 has this issue too but once it cleared on its on, I decided to just turn it off every time I get into the car. Haven’t had any other issues since and I’m seating at 7500 miles now. This all started around 1500 miles after I took a trip from Houston to San Antonio. Took it to a dealership and they said they needed to keep it and at that point I wasn’t ready to stop driving my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue last week with my 2017 Giulia and I took it to the dealership they said the a door wasn’t closed properly and it caused the Start/Stop Unavailable and Service Engine & DNA locked. The same day I picked it up from the dealership the same issue came up again, I don’t know what to. I opened and closed all doors properly and drove the vehicle for awhile and lights still on. I don’t know if I should take it to the dealership to clear the lights again or I should be worry that is a issue going on. Please advise if anyone has similar situations before since I am lost and I don’t know much about cars. I have this car for almost a month and I can say Alfa Romeo are complicated but I am in love with vehicle. Thanks for the help in advance, this forum is awesome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same issue last week with my 2017 Giulia and I took it to the dealership they said the a door wasn’t closed properly and it caused the Start/Stop Unavailable and Service Engine & DNA locked. The same day I picked it up from the dealership the same issue came up again, I don’t know what to. I opened and closed all doors properly and drove the vehicle for awhile and lights still on. I don’t know if I should take it to the dealership to clear the lights again or I should be worry that is a issue going on. Please advise if anyone has similar situations before since I am lost and I don’t know much about cars. I have this car for almost a month and I can say Alfa Romeo are complicated but I am in love with vehicle. Thanks for the help in advance, this forum is awesome.
the start/stop system is a terrible system in any car. I’ve found people having similar problems in Porsche, Mercedes and any other vehicle with this feature. The device requires and lot of information to decide Whether it should be on or off and it really doesn’t save you but maybe 1 mpg. I just turn the feature off and don’t worry about or find a tune that can disable it for good. My car has given me no issues since then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the start/stop system is a terrible system in any car. I’ve found people having similar problems in Porsche, Mercedes and any other vehicle with this feature. The device requires and lot of information to decide Whether it should be on or off and it really doesn’t save you but maybe 1 mpg. I just turn the feature off and don’t worry about or find a tune that can disable it for good. My car has given me no issues since then.
I would still take it to be sure all the door sensors are working probably though specially if the light is constantly on. Mine just rest after shutting the car down and only happened when it was a long hot drive.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
If you have a CEL, it will automatically trigger start/stop not available. That’s a symptom, not the issue. You need to find the cause of the CEL. Take it somewhere like the dealer or Autozone and have the codes read.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts