Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, my first post here as a new 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio owner in Huntington Beach CA..

In typical California fashion, I was on my way to the gym today and had the AC set to LO, yet the car still shut off whenever I was at a light and not moving. Essentially it was blowing hot air for 2 mins at a time for about 4 or 5 stops on my way to the gym. By the time I arrived, being 1/2 Norwegian and 1/4 Czech, I had already lost about 3 lbs in bodyweight in sheer sweat. I was reading through the owner's manual tonight where it said the EVO function would be disabled in several circumstances, one of which when the AC is set to LO, which certainly did not happen today.

Is this a known issue??

I see where I can manually shut the EVO system off, but I really don't feel like I should have to bypass one system because another one is not working correctly to begin with.

Any thoughts??

-Matt

·
Registered
348 Posts
I haven’t found a situation yet that my Giulia (2018 Ti Sport) doesn’t turn off at stops when the auto start/stop button is turned on. A/C blasting...doesn’t matter. I’ve gotten into the habit of turning this off every time I start the car. I’m really hot natured and I live in North Carolina...when that A/C turns off I start to boil.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Welcome to forum

I think some of these issues were fixed with sw updates, yours is 17 and I strongly suspect dealer might not have updated it....we had quite some members here that bought the 17 car without updates....sales side of dealership doesnt care, you need to check with service side that everything is up to date.....and even when everything is updated just switch SS off, life is much less complicated without it and I seriously doubt you are saving the precious Cali environment with it, specially with QV:)

·
Registered
691 Posts
As Lowflyer suggests, you need to request a list of TSB's and RRT campaigns that have been applied to your car. I just bought my 2017 QV a couple of months ago and it was woefully out of date, even though I had asked the sales department if everything had been updated. On mine, the start/stop is disabled if the interior temp is within 4 degrees of setpoint. I don't recall any ties to it being on Lo or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts