Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride this morning to run errands with a buddy as the weather was fairly nice. I got home, parked, shut off the engine and as I walked away the fan activated and started blowing a ton of air to the engine randomly. It's never done that before following a routine engine shut-off. The fan was on for a good 2 minutes before I restarted the engine and then it shut off, but then the CEL emerged showing me a "Start/Stop Function Unavailable" warning light. My friend has a Code finder, so when we plugged it in it showed me the "P2510" code which, according to a google search, is most likely the start/stop relay or potentially a corroded wire.

I figure I'll keep her parked and let the engine discharge and try starting it up in 2-3 hours to see if perhaps the relay simply overheated and needs to cool down. Anyone else have this code show up?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry forgot to post in the appropriate section. I actually tightened the fuel cap and the warning lights went away.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
No panic, no drama, not criticizing the car, no changing engine, no lemon-law the car. As simple as that. Well done. And you know what? you will see some other CELs with OBD2 error codes showing up sometimes with or without reasons. You are driving an exclusive, heads-turning, Dream Car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts