1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Thanks for the update, I have been keeping an eye out for these.

Picked up a set this afternoon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can really recommend these springs from ST. That's my car in the video and picture...:grin2:

They say lowering is about 20mm, but in real it's close to 40mm. But they fit perfectly.

Comfort ist close to series, really good.

Enjoy it!

·
Vendor
619 Posts
I ordered a set too Chris. Did they say how long before they ship out, or if they are in stock?
They brought only two sets into the US, I am awaiting an ETA from ST.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They brought only two sets into the US, I am awaiting an ETA from ST.
I got info from a Swedish KW dealer today that they would be avalible in about 2 weeks again, found my set from a German dealer that had them in stock. Ride is pretty much like stock and the drop is right around 2 cm.

I would say that the car now looks normal, before you just couldn`t miss the large wheel gap. Normally I would go more for the "stance" but with this car I didn`t want to mess to much with the fantastic suspension setup

·
Registered
4 Posts
Understood. I got mine on Saturday. Installed today. They look great. Quality is 1st class! Rides exactly like stock. You cant feel any difference. Lowers about an inch in both the front and back.

Does anyone know where I can purchase some 8mm wheel spacers? The wheels are now just too "tucked" inside the fenders. They need to be more pushed out with the lowering. 5mm spacers are just not enough. Thanks to anyone who can help me. I am in Colorado.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
10mm spacers and 8mm spacers will not work due to the hub bore length. There will be no material for the wheel to maintain a hub-centric fitment which is vital.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just got the specially for the QV made 10mm spacers from SCC today.

It will take a few days before i can make a field test, because my QV is currently at the KW Suspensions factory for DDC Plug&Play development.

I'll keep you up to date!

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Looks nice but I’d really hesitant to mess with stock on only this particular car. The ride and handling are absolute perfection. Also would shy away from anything that could damage the lower CF active aero.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just put these on. My impressions are much like the others. I also used the 5mm wheel spacers.

I had them installed my a race shop at Sonoma racetrack, the recorded all suspension geometry before and after. There was one nut on the top of the shock that required fabricating a special socket to break loose. I have those sheets if anyone needs them. Corner balanced and aligned. Total bill was $900 for install and set up. You could probably get it cheaper, I went with a pro setup. It’s a 6 hour job without alignment.

Drive: . No noticeable change in ride quality (pretty firm ride to begin with). As you would expect, car feels far more planted in the twisties, and feel like a vacuum cleaner on roads at high speed. No real sacrifice to ride quality, but much better handling. Rebound feels much better.

Visual: drop is as advertised, about 0.8-1.0”. Like most cars it looks a lot better without gap, although stock stance is pretty nice. This is just an improvement. Lower looks meaner and more purposeful.

Overall a good product and nice modification.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just had the KW ST springs installed, along with 5mm spacers front and rear.

I had them done a the Sonoma raceway by a professional race shop, the bill was about $900 and included measuring and recording geometry before and after, along with an alignment and corner balance. All told its between a 6-8 hour job. They did report there was one nut on the top of the shock that required fabricating a special socket. Otherwise, straightforward.

The ride quality didn't change (already pretty stiffly sprung), but the handling is improved. As you would expect, less body roll, overall feels more planted in the twisties, and on the road at higher speeds it feels nicely glued to the road. Very little to no downside in ride quality, but improved handling.

The visual drop is as advertised, about 08"-1.0" and give its an improved stance - but the stock setup isnt bad either. The 5mm wheel spacers are almost not noticeable, but the overall effect of the spacers and the spring is slightly improved without being obnoxiously low.

Overall a good product, worth doing.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
how do they corner balance a car with springs? (I do this at home on my track car with coil overs and intercom scales) - but how is this done with springs?

Guys so I see these spring are only for the QV. would they not fit a TI sport? is the suspension different in the QV?
besides spring rates..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts