Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
The ST springs should lower your car 3/4 of an inch or so from OEM 2017 height. There are some other options out there but the consensus seems to be the ST springs by KW are the best.

I think it looks pretty good, but I know it’s too low for me. Here’s auto fanatics video of the STs installed.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
The ST springs should lower your car 3/4 of an inch or so from OEM 2017 height. There are some other options out there but the consensus seems to be the ST springs by KW are the best.

I think it looks pretty good, but I know it’s too low for me. Here’s auto fanatics video of the STs installed.

I thought Phil has an MY18

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone experienced any rubbing with their ST springs? I have mine installed on my 2018 QV with Michelin pilot super sport tires (245F/285R) and I getting just a little bit of rubbing upon hard turn left or right. I'm thinking the suspension is bottoming out a little bit too much and thats when it rubs. It only rubs when I brake hard and then dive into the turn. Has anyone experienced this? I'm sorting out whether I need 5mm spacers, or if a spring Isolator (see link) situation would solve it. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Has anyone experienced any rubbing with their ST springs? I have mine installed on my 2018 QV with Michelin pilot super sport tires (245F/285R) and I getting just a little bit of rubbing upon hard turn left or right. I'm thinking the suspension is bottoming out a little bit too much and thats when it rubs. It only rubs when I brake hard and then dive into the turn. Has anyone experienced this? I'm sorting out whether I need 5mm spacers, or if a spring Isolator (see link) situation would solve it. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I have the same setup, and same tires. Haven't rubbed at all that I've noticed. However, I installed 5mm spacers at the same time I put the springs on, so I'm not sure if that is affecting the ride positively compared to what you're experiencing. Our previous QV (white one) had the same setup as well, and we also ran 5mms spacers (never rubbed).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same setup, and same tires. Haven't rubbed at all that I've noticed. However, I installed 5mm spacers at the same time I put the springs on, so I'm not sure if that is affecting the ride positively compared to what you're experiencing. Our previous QV (white one) had the same setup as well, and we also ran 5mms spacers (never rubbed).
Thanks, Toby! Awesome that you guys respond so quickly to something like this. My rubbing is really subtle.. and its only when I really dump it into a turn. Did your cars run 5mm spacers on all 4 wheels? or 5mm/17mm setup? I'm going to see if I find the spot it hits today and get an order in for the spacers. Also, do you think it'll need to be re-aligned after install?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Adding spacers to the front will make the tyre more likely to hit the front of the wheel arch liner when turning. I have ST springs and with 11mm spacers on the front it rubbed slightly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Adding spacers to the front will make the tyre more likely to hit the front of the wheel arch liner when turning. I have ST springs and with 11mm spacers on the front it rubbed slightly.
That makes sense. I'll have to get in there and see where its actually hitting. I thought it had more to do with the position of the wheel when the suspension is compressed. I have no rub during normal driving.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks, Toby! Awesome that you guys respond so quickly to something like this. My rubbing is really subtle.. and its only when I really dump it into a turn. Did your cars run 5mm spacers on all 4 wheels? or 5mm/17mm setup? I'm going to see if I find the spot it hits today and get an order in for the spacers. Also, do you think it'll need to be re-aligned after install?
No problem! Yes, 5mm all around.

I didn't have mine aligned after the install, but I believe I will take it in somewhere to have it done in the near future. I've noticed that it drifts just ever so slightly to the right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello all,

just brought home 2020 QV and wondering if there are any 2020 model lower? How much lower will this year model on ST springs? Thanks.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts