Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Ti Q4 sounded like the tires were ready to come off the rims they made such obscene amounts of noise in anything above grandma driving.

I attributed it to the absolute crap AS tires Alfa puts on them.

I also found the steering to be extremely fast, jittery even. That doesn't bother me but I made the comment a few times I'm surprised they sold the car like that because 90 percent of the people out there would not at all care for it and would easily get themselves into heavy over steer situations it was so fast.

However I think I found another thing that Alfa did not do right from the factory. I've heard a few people comment about tire noise in corners.

We had service done and had a RWD Giulia, same tires. Not much noise at all unless I really pushed it hard. I started to think is the front end binding up with the AWD that might be causing the noise.

Then my wife got into a minor fender bender with the car.

On the repair sheet was a full alignment. Got the car back, twitchiness is gone, as is the tire noise.

I'm trying to find out what the spec's were before they aligned it versus after but I suspect the cars may not be setup right from the factory which leads to that excessive tire noise.

Not enough miles to notice wear patterns from misalignment but it could for sure make the steering fast and immediate like it was.

Wondering if others with a similar issue ever had the dealer check alignment?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Another thing to check would be tire pressures. It seems cars made overseas have 50 lbs of air pressure put in their tires, to keep the wheels from bottoming out under the weight of the lockdown they're put under to keep them from shifting around on the ship. I noticed that same twitchiness when I brought my car home from the dealership, and the first thing I did when I got home was check the pressures, and mine were at 49 lbs. I set them at 36 and the car was fine. The handling is still quick and precise, but not twitchy anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
there's only one alignment issue I can recall from the UK where it was taken to an aftermarket place as the dealer was / is figuring out. Other than that as Eagle7 states, majority of issues seem to be the pressures. Glad it's sorted not under the best circumstances. Might be worth getting the dealer to check these things as your car is under full warranty, not that you want to be back there every five minutes :)

Hope you have a more enjoyable experience going forward

1 - 3 of 3 Posts