Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new QV only 200 miles on it. And the brakes are squeaking at slow stops.
The sercive guy at Alfa told me this is normal for the first thousand miles until the brake pads and disks get aligned.

Any other QV owners experienced this?
Is this normal?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I got a new QV only 200 miles on it. And the brakes are squeaking at slow stops.
The sercive guy at Alfa told me this is normal for the first thousand miles until the brake pads and disks get aligned.

Any other QV owners experienced this?
Is this normal?

Thanks
yes it is and yes it will stop...mine just turned 1000 miles...enjoy the car...this is a nit...nothing more nothing less...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I wonder if bedding in the brake pads eliminates the squeaking faster......

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Probably. Roni, do a quick web search for the technique. Find a good highway interchange and a quiet time of day. Do some laps around the clover leaf or between exits and bed them in.

Now some Brembo metallic pads are noisey and dusty. Switching to a ceramic, low noise, low dust will sacrifice some performance but will more than make up for it in comfort (not being embarrassed) and detailing costs. I am almost sure that the trend in dark wheels came about from racing's efforts to hide the massive metallic dust build up of performance brakes. The road cars and tuner cars followed suit to look racey. When different pads could make the difference and still keep shiny silver "jewelry" wheels. No not chrome, that's just gang banger bling. ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Dust of any sort will cause squeaking. Being at the end of a 1/4 mile drive made of road base all of our vehicle's brakes squeak now and again.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Dust of any sort will cause squeaking. Being at the end of a 1/4 mile drive made of road base all of our vehicle's brakes squeak now and again.
Posiquiet ceramic pads were awesome on my 348. Much less dust on my OZs and no squeak at all at low speed cruising (problem zone) with the top down.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing is that the car is new only 200 miles on it. So i don't want to push the engine yet.
So i guess I'll just let some more miles bild up.
I do try to slam the brakes harder sometimes to speed up the process .

Well lets see in a few weeks how it goes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts