Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Any idea what would cause a quick squeak from the rear of the car when accelerating hard from a standstill? It also seems to correspond to suspension compression from bump response while accelerating, too, but I’m not 100% on that. It doesn’t happen all the time, so I’ve had a hard time tracking the conditions it happens in.

Oh, it also happened once when turning sslowly into my drive, as I bumped over the little curb at the street, which is what made think suspension.

So not consistent or predictable, but it has been frequent enough that I want to check it out. It’s a short, kind of sharp squeak— just one— but never happens while moving, only from a stop or very near it. It sounds like metal rubbing, I think.

My thought was that it was something shifting at first, but then I realized it doesn’t happen on decel, so probably not that, bit I did check the battery was secure. Then I started to think it was a suspension noise, but it’s inconsistent, so I’m shying away from that and am just perplexed now.

I’ve been putting off taking it into the ship what with stay at home orders and the seemingly non-urgency of the issue. It’s also an hour drive to the dealer, but I’ll probably see if I can schedule it next week.

Anyone have any thoughts on what it might be?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Had simillar noise issue last summer and thought the same ie suspension. Ended up being the rear caliper sqeaking when wheel went over bump or road cracks.
little adjustment maid by the mechanic and all was good after.

Reactions: chaadster

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had simillar noise issue last summer and thought the same ie suspension. Ended up being the rear caliper sqeaking when wheel went over bump or road cracks.
little adjustment maid by the mechanic and all was good after.
Oh, that would be a nice outcome! Thanks!

·
Vendor
1,279 Posts
Hey folks,

Any idea what would cause a quick squeak from the rear of the car when accelerating hard from a standstill? It also seems to correspond to suspension compression from bump response while accelerating, too, but I’m not 100% on that. It doesn’t happen all the time, so I’ve had a hard time tracking the conditions it happens in.

Oh, it also happened once when turning sslowly into my drive, as I bumped over the little curb at the street, which is what made think suspension.

So not consistent or predictable, but it has been frequent enough that I want to check it out. It’s a short, kind of sharp squeak— just one— but never happens while moving, only from a stop or very near it. It sounds like metal rubbing, I think.

My thought was that it was something shifting at first, but then I realized it doesn’t happen on decel, so probably not that, bit I did check the battery was secure. Then I started to think it was a suspension noise, but it’s inconsistent, so I’m shying away from that and am just perplexed now.

I’ve been putting off taking it into the ship what with stay at home orders and the seemingly non-urgency of the issue. It’s also an hour drive to the dealer, but I’ll probably see if I can schedule it next week.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
My rear sometimes squeaks during especially hard acceleration, I just thought it was natural ??

·
Registered
Giulia veloce q4 02/2017
1 Posts
Hey folks,

I have exactly the same issue. It appears after around 92000 km (currently is 94000). By 93000I took it to the dealer for the regular maintenance and brake service. I reported that I have this squeak from the back suspension. They replaced rear brake pads and brake disc.It didn't help. Later they checked the car, especially the rear suspension and they didn't find anything wrong or broken.
I really don't know what is causing the noise and dealer never experienced it when they tested it. It is also happening to me very rare. But I noticed it is more often in dynamic mode when dampers are harder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts