Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've seen the thread of the BR-Performance tuned Alfa Romeo Giulia with the 2.2L JTDM engine where they gave it a bump of 52hp and 92 Nm of torque. That was nice.

Now, Squadra Tuning has brought that up a notch. They managed to bring that 2.2L Multi Jet a power increase of 61hp and 52Nm of torque.

Now, there isn't as big of an increase in twisty power but that horsepower increase does help a fair bit considering the total Nm would be 450Nm.

They have yet to do a 0-62mph test, but Squadra Tuning is dead set that the 100 to 200km/h takes 18.5 seconds. That equates to 8.5 seconds quicker than stock.

If that isn't a sweet bump for €590, I don't know what is. Talk about squeezing the most power out of a dollar.

BR-Performance - 232hp and 542Nm of torque
Squadra Tuning - 239hp and 520Nm of torque

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the squadra treatment for my 2.0 petrol, standard 200HP
after squadra spread their love, I had 300HP

and the nice thing is, the 300HP is only available in D mode
In N mode, it remains at 200HP but torque is better, so overall the ride is smoother

best decision I ever made lol

·
Registered
33 Posts

In N mode, it remains at 200HP but torque is better, so overall the ride is smoother

You had no problems with tuning by squadra tuning?
I have a 2.2 giulia at8 180HP and wanted to tuning by Squadra Tuning
but I'm afraid of damaging the engine
is there anyone with experience with Squadra Tuning?

Thank you and sorry for my English

·
Registered
19 Posts

@ARG2Q, can you share your experience with Squadra and how the tune was done?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the ~300hp tuning too and have not had any issues. Got it 2 months after delivery, september last year.
Update itself is all software and takes about 15 minutes, then a test drive with monitoring. All in all 1 hour spent.

They have also increased the top speed from 240kph to 270kph (167mph) and reversed the behaviour of the stop-start system to default off upon ignition.
Latest development even hint at the option to disable traction control.
I have not had the latest update yet, but other peoples results tell no horror stories.

Either way, it is very easy to reverse and have not caused any problems with AR, despite a few warranty repairs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have also had the Squadra treatment. However, Squadra told me that my 200HP Gulia in fact had 230HP, and after their treatment the numbers were swapped to 320HP! It's about 6 months ago. No problems, just power and fun!

·
Vendor
3,423 Posts
I have supplied squadra for 18 years or more now. I trust their work. I am working on a something with them for ECU tunes here in the states. Otherwise it's about a week or so to send ECU's in to tune and back.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I have supplied squadra for 18 years or more now. I trust their work. I am working on a something with them for ECU tunes here in the states. Otherwise it's about a week or so to send ECU's in to tune and back.
Hmm... Is it possible to run a 2.0 Giulia on a clone ECU? Or are you thinking you could supply a cloned ECU for Squadra to read and remap?

·
Vendor
3,423 Posts
No, I'd need your ECU. About a week and half downtime and then ECU is returned to you fully flashed. This way we can tune to specific things as well, it's not just a standard ECU flash for everyone. It's more customizable.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
No, I'd need your ECU. About a week and half downtime and then ECU is returned to you fully flashed. This way we can tune to specific things as well, it's not just a standard ECU flash for everyone. It's more customizable.
So is that any different than just going to Squadra directly? You said earlier you were working on something for ECU's stateside, "otherwise it's about a week or so to send ECUs in to tune and back," so it sounds like no change in process.

·
Vendor
3,423 Posts
So is that any different than just going to Squadra directly? You said earlier you were working on something for ECU's stateside, "otherwise it's about a week or so to send ECUs in to tune and back," so it sounds like no change in process.
You can do whatever you want, you can go to anyone directly. But with me, you deal with me in the US. I take care of it all. But I am no longer planning this method, we(he) are working in a flasher unit instead. At the time of this post the flasher was not really certain yet. Knocks out Start/stop, ABS/TC.

I am not trying to compete with all these tuners who have come to the market since Alfa's return. My main focus is parts as it always has been but I like to offer what I think are the best tuning options that I know work well and are safe for owners as well as another option. I have worked with ST for years so I keep offering their products whether I sell 1 or 50. I no longer offer eibach for example, the market is so saturated it makes no sense to bother with it. From everyone carrying it to ebay.

After he returns from mille miglia in a few days I plan on sending over some data from my giulia so we can get this going.

I want to also state, the 280Hp claimed by Alfa is not correct. True HP and TQ below.

I find it strange that those offering tunes show 280Hp on their dyno charts, claims and so on. Tune claims based off 280Hp is misleading.

2.0L (280hp version) = 308(PK)@5000RPM or ~ 303HP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts