Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,671 Posts
Hmm, they seem to indicate that the adaptive damper feature is disabled when they disable TC.

Also, it is not clear if the AWD is still functional with TC disabled.

I sent them a note asking for clarification and if this system should work on a USA spec car.

·
Vendor
1,193 Posts
Hmm, they seem to indicate that the adaptive damper feature is disabled when they disable TC.

Also, it is not clear if the AWD is still functional with TC disabled.

I sent them a note asking for clarification and if this system should work on a USA spec car.
When you go through MultiECUScan it disables Traction, Stability, Active Suspension, and ABS. The AWD in the Giulia is a full-time AWD with a transfer case and F/R differentials so no electronics can disable it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Wrong. It is part-time, electronically controlled, and the front axle is engaged with a multiplate clutch.

Also, entirely disabling the Brake Control Module sounds like a really bad idea. It does *a lot*.
yeah, i still think the best method is still the battery one, i mean you only lose ESC and auto start stop, and get stuck in N mode, but atleast you still have other safety features like abs and ect..

·
Registered
133 Posts
BTW, their background music lets me check my Spotify several times...

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,671 Posts
Wrong. It is part-time, electronically controlled, and the front axle is engaged with a multiplate clutch.

Also, entirely disabling the Brake Control Module sounds like a really bad idea. It does *a lot*.
Unfortunately, driving is more complex than the control module as-is can accommodate. Many other manufacturers (including Jeep) provide a range of modes for traction control and ABS due to this. My particular concern is that when driving on a "loose" surface such as sand or snow powder the ability to spin the wheels and the ability to lock the wheels is needed just to be able to make forward progress.

On "Multiecuscan" news, upgrading version 4.0 to version 4.1 adds the ability to 'talk' to the TCM. The controller for the transfer clutch is still not visible <sigh>. Diagnosis of the shift lever and the touch pad are added.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
The squadra solution disables a lot of functionalities together with the traction control, also throws up errors etc.
Not a very good solution in my opinion....

systems not available anymore:
- ABS
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control)
- Traction Control
- Electronic park brake
- Hill Holder control
- AST Alfa Steering Torque
- Automatic Highbeam
- FCW reduced
- electronic dampers

Also it uses a (fairly large) dongle in the OBD port, so it's going to give problems with newer cars with the security gateway on the OBD port anyway .....

·
Registered
103 Posts
why when I manually deactivate the esc, it goes into n mode automatically? do alpha people want to make life impossible for us? In addition to not letting us deactivate the traction in a NORMAL way, they force us to take N mode. Note: I know that there are ti sport models that have the career mode in stock, I also know that it can be installed, but it is something that I sincerely hate about myself alfa ti sport :(

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
why when I manually deactivate the esc, it goes into n mode automatically? do alpha people want to make life impossible for us? In addition to not letting us deactivate the traction in a NORMAL way, they force us to take N mode. Note: I know that there are ti sport models that have the career mode in stock, I also know that it can be installed, but it is something that I sincerely hate about myself alfa ti sport :(
you’re panicking. Many answers to this. You don’t need to post it on every thread. You can use squadra dongle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts