Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads-up, I noticed that SprintBooster released a throttle by wire delay eliminator module for the Giulia and Stelvio. Had one on my M3 and it really improved throttle response immensely. Imagine it would do the same for the Quadifoglio.

https://www.sprintboosterusa.com/c-887-giulia.aspx

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Cool! How does it work?

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! How does it work?
It reduces the drive by wire throttle delay. It advances the throttle mapping to feel much more responsive when press the accelerator. Basically, it feels more like a naturally aspirated car.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Mapping! Yes, that's the modern computer database tech in computers. The Challenge Stradale's TCU has a more aggressive map that is proprietary to Ferrari. You can flash the regular Modena TCUs but it's better "form" to buy the unit from the factory. Also reversible and preserves your build sheet.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I didn't even look at the price! ;)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At $300 I'd rather just pay a few hundred more and get a actual ECU swap/tune. I don't think this is worth its cost imho for just throttle remapping.
I thought the same thing when I bought a Turner Motorsport Tune for my M3. It was packaged with a SprintBooster, but initially I told Turner not to install it being very skeptical and thinking how much better could it be since I always drove in Sport Plus on the M3.

However, after having just Tune for a month, I got pretty curious, so I installed the SprintBooster myself, and was shocked at how much better/more responsive the car was, even around town. It was literally night and day quicker and more direct with throttle response. It was transformed from drive by wire to throttle cable like responsiveness. Truly a mindblowing improvement.

I did the same thing with my Ex-GFs BMW M235i X-Drive Convertible, and I had gotten the same impressive result. The car was amazingly fast with the SprintBooster and an AFE Tuning Module. I can honestly say, though the tune added the horsepower, the SprintBooster transformed the car with instant throttle response.

Today's high horsepower cars are handicapped by manufacturers with a throttle delay since some buyers are not up to the level of horsepower they can afford. However, the SprintBooster removes the dumbed-down delay and vastly improves the responsiveness of the car.

Yes, Race mode is better than Dynamic which is better than Natural. The SprintBooster improves each DNA Mode, can be adjusted to suit your desired feel, or it can be simply turned to stock. I hear what you guys are saying about getting a full tune, but that is bit riskier for your engine warranty since the actual ECU must be reprogrammed. The SprintBooster only tunes just the stock accelerator pedal settings. The car already has 505hp, which is a lot. It really doesn't need more, just quicker throttle response. With the SprintBooster installed in line with the accelerator pedal, you optimize the 505hp you already have available. To me, $300 is pretty short money for the impact I've experienced on two prior cars. I'll probably get one later in the Spring once I get my software updated.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I thought the same thing when I bought a Turner Motorsport Tune for my M3. It was packaged with a SprintBooster, but initially I told Turner not to install it being very skeptical and thinking how much better could it be since I always drove in Sport Plus on the M3.

However, after having just Tune for a month, I got pretty curious, so I installed the SprintBooster myself, and was shocked at how much better/more responsive the car was, even around town. It was literally night and day quicker and more direct with throttle response. It was transformed from drive by wire to throttle cable like responsiveness. Truly a mindblowing improvement.

I did the same thing with my Ex-GFs BMW M235i X-Drive Convertible, and I had gotten the same impressive result. The car was amazingly fast with the SprintBooster and an AFE Tuning Module. I can honestly say, though the tune added the horsepower, the SprintBooster transformed the car with instant throttle response.

Today's high horsepower cars are handicapped by manufacturers with a throttle delay since some buyers are not up to the level of horsepower they can afford. However, the SprintBooster removes the dumbed-down delay and vastly improves the responsiveness of the car.

Yes, Race mode is better than Dynamic which is better than Natural. The SprintBooster improves each DNA Mode, can be adjusted to suit your desired feel, or it can be simply turned to stock. I hear what you guys are saying about getting a full tune, but that is bit riskier for your engine warranty since the actual ECU must be reprogrammed. The SprintBooster only tunes just the stock accelerator pedal settings. The car already has 505hp, which is a lot. It really doesn't need more, just quicker throttle response. With the SprintBooster installed in line with the accelerator pedal, you optimize the 505hp you already have available. To me, $300 is pretty short money for the impact I've experienced on two prior cars. I'll probably get one later in the Spring once I get my software updated.
I have the afe intake/tuner on my m235i coupe. Definitely looking into this sprint booster. Glad I saw this!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the afe intake/tuner on my m235i coupe. Definitely looking into this sprint booster. Glad I saw this!
You will be shocked at how much the M235 will feel with the SprintBooster installed and set to the Sport setting. If felt almost as quick as my Tuned M3...literally. The around town daily driving improves vastly as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts

OK, how long have you worked for this company? Lol

Sounds like it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Besides the enhanced throttle/not making my brain and foot work harder, the Valet mode and pedal lock sells it for me..I ordered, confirmed with tech support it will work on the 2.0t as well. The tech said that the QV shares the same throttle mapping as the Murcielago.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, how long have you worked for this company? Lol

Sounds like it might be worth a try.
I only get $250 royalty for every $300 device sold! Lol

I had learned about it during my AMG days. I thought it was ridiculous when I heard the effusive praise from C63 owners, but after installing one on my M3, I became a believer. I test drive lots of cars, and am often annoyed by the laggy throttle response, but always wonder how they might be with the SprintBooster. Felt that way about the Audi S4 and S3, plus Golf R. Guessing the SprintBooster would totally fix that issue.

Anyway, nice to know it exists, and personally, I think it is better bang for the buck versus those ridiculous $1,000+ Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intakes that people seem to think work...which they really don't, or at least no better than just a BMC filter.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Besides the enhanced throttle/not making my brain and foot work harder, the Valet mode and pedal lock sells it for me..I ordered, confirmed with tech support it will work on the 2.0t as well. The tech said that the QV shares the same throttle mapping as the Murcielago.
I did an uber professional installation on my M3. Totally stock looking remote switch position (wire run under the carpeting). I have not had much time to examine the Giulia under the dash situation yet, but once I have a moment, if I can install it as stealthily as in the M3, I'll get one in the late Spring. Been a little cold up here in Boston to be pulling on plastic panels to hide the remote wire. I suspect the best place to mount it would be in the lower left under dash binacle. Once you find the setting that works best for you, it seldom is fiddled with. I found Sport mode to be ideal in the M3.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any input on how to install this? I really want it because the throttle response on my car is horrible. It just runs so rough. I would love this, but I am not sure where to go to have it installed etc... I'm in NV. Do you take it to the Dealership?

·
Registered
420 Posts
That similar mapping to a lambo might be the perfect excuse someone here needs to add some lambo-esque design changes to their AR. Can't be too hard to do that. But i can only imagine how mad that would make a ferrari owner.

·
Registered
418 Posts
You will be shocked at how much the M235 will feel with the SprintBooster installed and set to the Sport setting. If felt almost as quick as my Tuned M3...literally. The around town daily driving improves vastly as well.
Looking forward to it! I run the afe on green and the car sport+ w/dsc off so I'm sure I will be.... andd back to Alfa.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any input on how to install this? I really want it because the throttle response on my car is horrible. It just runs so rough. I would love this, but I am not sure where to go to have it installed etc... I'm in NV. Do you take it to the Dealership?
I have installed it twice on BMWs. On those cars, there is one hex bolt attaching the accelerator pedal to the car. When you unbolt it, the whole pedal lifts up to reveal a single connector.

The SprintBooster is a just a bridge connector the fits between the gas pedal and the drive by wire harness connector. After that is installed (i.e. disconnected pedal, placed Sprintbooster inline, re-connect), you plug the remote control into the Sprintbooster module and bolt the accelerator pedal back with the single hex bolt.

Actually pretty simple. The hardest part is deciding where you want to run/hide the remote wire, and mount the remote. Less than 1 hour job. Enjoy!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Okay small update, the SprintBooster gets to my door today..
Will install late tonight and go for a quick spin before the 30 mile commute in the morning..

Reactions: Robbie and mc3456
1 - 20 of 40 Posts