Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,263 Posts
I have it. Got it at the same time as my x-pipe so it's hard to compare by itself but I noticed a difference with the combo vs. stock. I feel the car revs much higher now before auto upshifting; downside of that is less pops and bangs.

I will say that every other site I've seen, and even my dealership, talks about the BMC filter when you say performance filter, but I didn't want to take the risk with an oil filter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Go with the Sprint filter I use it in my stock QV and noticed about 4hp what the test on their website shows. I see high gains up top as well in the power band and a lot of people don't know this filter here in the USA except in Motorcycle racing world most off-road bikes run them. Great dry filter!

On BMC filters it's oiled like K&N and easy to become a dealer that's why you see so many companies sell them here in the USA. Sprint Filters come out of Italy, so becoming a dealer takes more time with them. The only other great oiled filter is Green Filter which haven't made them for our cars yet, but I run on the MB AMG cars which are way better the the BMC filters.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Go with the Sprint filter I use it in my stock QV and noticed about 4hp what the test on their website shows. I see high gains up top as well in the power band and a lot of people don't know this filter here in the USA except in Motorcycle racing world most off-road bikes run them. Great dry filter!

On BMC filters it's oiled like K&N and easy to become a dealer that's why you see so many companies sell them here in the USA. Sprint Filters come out of Italy, so becoming a dealer takes more time with them. The only other great oiled filter is Green Filter which haven't made them for our cars yet, but I run on the MB AMG cars which are way better the the BMC filters.
You’re a human dyno if you noticed 4Hp lol. That’s a sixth sense

·
Registered
51 Posts

sorry to say... the "Green Filter" warped on my E55 Amg and unrestricted air went in and blown my motor. It was a known problem. And was told it was fix. I guess not.

I will never use Green Filter again.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I've also ordered one - mainly out of curiosity.

Differences in performance compared to my current BMC filter will probably be minimal if even existent at all.

But I want to have the thing in my own hands before jumping to conclusions.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I’ve been using it since I swapped belts and first thing I noticed was noise. Engine sounds like it’s breathing better but I also felt a power decrease. (Confirmed not true) Now I don’t want to officially call out the filter since I had like 10 things done at once. The belt being the obvious culprit since my old belt was like 2” longer than new belt lol. But car felt tighter and I ran a 1/4 just to see and trap speed was same so no power loss. Just car feels like it delivers power a little differently now. Is that the filter? Possibly. But I would say the filter works as advertised but don’t expect to add 20whp from some fabric. The price shouldn’t be a deterrent if you ask me. People spend more on carbon fiber license plate holders... I also agree with @Alfissimo that the material has me a little skeptical. I most likely will switch back to OEM filter next time I have a reason to take box off. Kind of annoying filter set up in QV if you ask me.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Interesting to read in here that I wasn't the only one that had a Green Filter warp and "dramatically increase airflow - but in an unfiltered manner..." (also in a Mercedes). I think I may try the Sprint when it comes time to change filters (fairly soon). For those that have it already (QV) how "rigid" is the frame compared to OEM?

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts

Attachments

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Sprint Filter is commonly known for their motorcycle applications, especially their off-road applications.
(Baja rally ect)

We have personally used these filters in half a dozen applications with no issues. We would not sell a product if it posed an impact to mechanical reliability.

Here are the specifications in regards to filtering media.

Premium brand of 4 layers cotton air filter (100-200upm)

Original Equipment paper air filter (274upm)

Sprint Filter P037 air filter (25upm)

I have no idea where the number of 93% came from, did you make that up?

HVAC Material? F1 article with no material information.

Ridiculous.

In the motorcycle world there is no better filter, they have just started expanding their Automotive applications about 5 years ago.

Reactions: LoS24 and lowlight

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Bottom line is that you are a vendor, not a consumer.

Unfortunately you cannot have it both ways, its disingenuous.

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts
Bottom line is that you are a vendor, not a consumer.

Unfortunately you cannot have it both ways, its disingenuous.
Disingenuous? Hardly!

You know I did not realize the OP linked something to your site. I had to read the entire post from the beginning after you commented just now to realize it. I apologize for that Chris. I missed that and was not clear why you even entered this conversation in the first place. I would not have commented otherwise. I just quickly read his post title and answered it. You can fault me for that if you choose.

I have removed the information in light of this discovery.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Appreciate it. Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
121 Posts

BMC Filters are from Italy and Sprint Filters are from Latvia. Both are a complete waste of money for the QV and a pointless ‘upgrade’. Oil filters are know to damage the MAF sensors and the Sprint filter doesn’t have the filtration capability of the stock. The ECU is also programmed for the stock filter. So unless you are racing your QV and have retuned it, stick with stock filter.

·
Premium Member
2018 Giulia QF
259 Posts
BMC Filters are from Italy and Sprint Filters are from Latvia. Both are a complete waste of money for the QV and a pointless ‘upgrade’. Oil filters are know to damage the MAF sensors and the Sprint filter doesn’t have the filtration capability of the stock. The ECU is also programmed for the stock filter. So unless you are racing your QV and have retuned it, stick with stock filter.
This thread died over a year ago...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know this thread is old but can anyone with the sprint filter open their intake and see if it kept pollen/dust out of the clean side. I've read every bike forum and some people say it's clean and others say it's dirty with dust pollen. Some say that the reason why it's dirty is because of not seating the sprint filter properly.

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts
I know this thread is old but can anyone with the sprint filter open their intake and see if it kept pollen/dust out of the clean side. I've read every bike forum and some people say it's clean and others say it's dirty with dust pollen. Some say that the reason why it's dirty is because of not seating the sprint filter properly.
It does. Anything else that enters the system is taken care of by the OIL and Filter. 60% of it. Issues with pollen dirt in the intake is most likely bad install like you said. I have them stocked. Don't expect a whole lot but maybe 1-3 hp and a little more sound from the intake.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts