Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

261 - 270 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Thank you I appreciate that.
Yeah it was pretty funny everybody kind of snickered underneath their breath when he said it and also what I said. So it was light hearted but the point was made I was not going to put up with any disrespect to the Alfa brand..... And that I was much faster than him and I was.
I’m not sure what the differential problem is all I know is that it’s been extremely hard 17,000 miles on my car then there was maybe a few too many burnouts and drifts.
Doesn’t have anything to do with the tires they’re only slightly taller I was having the same problems before with the stock height tires.
Brand differential is about $7000 will see what happens. I think they should warrantee it if you look at the Alfa commercials they show the QVs all drifting LOL
I just wish I would’ve had a proper differential this weekend I would’ve been maybe the fastest person here in a 4 door 5 seater sedan unbelievably!!
Next time!!:)
my diff went at 28,000 miles. Also hard driving.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
That diff has clutches.. not sure how well they hold up with the additional power (600hp?)
Your next mod might be a fully mechanical and stronger differential...
You show me the my mod differential you speak of and I’ll buy it!!
I’ll have a new differential next week and with my extra cooling and modified driving style I think it will hold up.
Look at this crap I have to keep up with a track all wheel drive GTR with my single tire traction!! That’s 4 vs 1..... Not fair!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #265 (Edited)
Been enjoying the widebody car on the street Now that I got the right height perfect.
I’ve got to tell you with the KW DDCPnP coilovers it’s a whole different experience from just having lowering springs on. I have 4 inches of ground clearance I can drive it anywhere don’t have to worry about driveways or speed bumps which is unheard of for me on my cars. I still think the car looks a little lowered because the tires are so huge. Really nice treat I didn’t even think about is that natural mode is incredible! Car rides almost like a Mercedes S class now!! I didn’t even plan on that.
Each mode is electronically controlled stiffer just like with the OEM coilovers. Race mode is a madman but it takes a while to get used to having so much suspension travel versus lowering springs. Overall it’s better but you have to know what you’re doing driving fast (100mph+) because there’s more body movement so you could get sideways if you’re not careful hasn’t happened to me but extra body movement takes a while to learn to get used to. But it’s actually better As it keeps all four wheels on the ground.
I did this widebody to make my car faster at the track and it it’s already proven to be. But I didn’t expect these other extra benefits.

When driving the widebody car on the street is definitely a big jump in wolf whistles. People seem to really like it and it is a sleeper until you get up close and see the huge tires.

Big tracking trip coming up in a few days. Trip ends with three full days at Laguna Seca at 105 dB should be awesome!!
I’m going for a 1:29 laptime.... Which would be just silly fast.:)
if anyone’s around and they allow spectators come say hello and see the Italian Batmobile!
2020 tracking trip 7 tracking days
Saturday August 1 ORP members
Sunday August 2 ORP members
Friday August 7 Thunderhill HOD
Tuesday August 11 Sonoma HOD
Friday August 15 Laguna Seca Speed Ventures
Saturday August 16 Laguna Seca Speed Ventures
Sunday August 17 Laguna Seca Speed Ventures

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Nice updates and story as always. Enjoyed reading all of it. The car looks mean in that front on picture!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
"2020 tracking trip 7 tracking days
Saturday August 1 ORP members
Sunday August 2 ORP members
Friday August 7 Thunderhill HOD
Tuesday August 11 Sonoma HOD
Friday August 15 Laguna Seca Speed Ventures
Saturday August 16 Laguna Seca Speed Ventures
Sunday August 17 Laguna Seca Speed Ventures"

:eek: So jealous! I have been following this thread for awhile now. Congrats to your success.

261 - 270 of 270 Posts