Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

241 - 260 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
You can go to -3.5 safely without worrying about the shaft. But that would be included with your car being lowered which gives you some static negative camber which is part of that -3.5.
But Yes someone should make some mod upper control arms!!!
Eric at Ideal Racing allready has made some rear ones that I have that are awesome.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
I’m back to putting carbon fiber on the fender flares now instead of paint LOL
Found a great carbon fiber wrap that actually have some depth to it it looks real.
Still should be about two weeks until finished

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Had my Giuila QV back for a day before off to the film shop to finish the widebody.
Did a little launch messing around. The extra power I got from downpipes with hi flow cats combined with my Remus exhaust and new ECU tune was noticeable! The wide 325s be spinnin!!!!!
2 weeks and widebody plus more will all be finished!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Had my Giuila QV back for a day before off to the film shop to finish the widebody.
Did a little launch messing around. The extra power I got from downpipes with hi flow cats combined with my Remus exhaust and new ECU tune was noticeable! The wide 325s be spinnin!!!!!
2 weeks and widebody plus more will all be finished!
car just pulls!!!! Went from 40-60 in .9 secs. Wow. Imagine when it hooks for traction that’s a sub 3 secs 0-60

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Just finished the Giuila QV Widebody yesterday and actually took it to the track for a testing. Just a little bit of tire rub but we fixed at all today and I’m taking it to or a few this weekend for a full weekend PCA tracking event at ORP which is the ultimate test grounds!!!
Cat looks amazing! Car is fast!!
Just screwing around yesterday with some tire rubbing that kept me from going fast and I haven’t driven the car yet this year I came within .3 of my fastest laptime.
305s and 325s on a Giulia! Another Call me Al first!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Just finished the Giuila QV Widebody yesterday and actually took it to the track for a testing. Just a little bit of tire rub but we fixed at all today and I’m taking it to or a few this weekend for a full weekend PCA tracking event at ORP which is the ultimate test grounds!!!
Cat looks amazing! Car is fast!!
Just screwing around yesterday with some tire rubbing that kept me from going fast and I haven’t driven the car yet this year I came within .3 of my fastest laptime.
305s and 325s on a Giulia! Another Call me Al first! View attachment 100707 View attachment 100708 View attachment 100709 View attachment 100710
View attachment 100712
View attachment 100711
That looks so good. Can't wait to see what the numbers say. How many inches wider is the car now?

Don't think my double parked NYC streets would be to kind to the extra width :(

Reactions: Call me Al

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Full day raising the car height and grinding grinding grinding for success with NO tire rubbing!
This photo shows my Giuila QV Widebody final ride height!!!
I like it as car still looks lowered but I have so much ground clearance, a full 4 inches!!! And with my custom camber mod I still can get -3.5° camber! With this nice ride height I can drive anywhere even over steep driveways or speed bumps without worrying about hitting that front carbon fiber splitter.
And the ride is so awesome!!! The KW DDCPNP coilovers are amazing! They adjust with each driving mode. When I put it in natural mode drives like a Mercedes S class!!! And the other modes adjust accordingly. Race mode is a madman!
It’s much different than just putting lowering springs on which make the whole ride stiffer in all modes and limits suspension travel. These coil overs have much more travel which not only makes it a smoother ride but also a more high-performance ride when you push it because the suspension moves all the way.
And I did some track measurements.....my Widebody mod even beats the GTA or GTAm cars!! by a lot!! I knew my tires were huge compared to theirs whatever size they are.
Track:
Giulia QV Front/rear track:
61.2/63.3 inches
GTA Front/rear track
63/64.6 inches
Giulia QV Widebody Front/rear track:
66/67 inches

Also did a brake brake fluid flush with the super amazing Castrol SRF racing brake fluid (check out that wet boiling point! how do they do that?)
Dry 590°F/310°C
Wet 518°F/°270C

Super happy with this widebody mod so far. Tomorrow I drive to Oregon Raceway Park (ORP) for a Porsche tracking event Saturday and Sunday. Can’t wait to be that sedan passing all the two door sportscars again!
Here is a single lap video that’s kind of fun to watch because there’s some old-school drifting!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You sir are a LEGEND! :love:(y)🤘🤘 Would love to see your car from an external view point with someone following you. Is that possible?

Reactions: Call me Al

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
You sir are a LEGEND! :love:(y)🤘🤘 Would love to see your car from an external view point with someone following you. Is that possible?
Wow thanks for the compliments remember I had a lot of help with my modding teams! I just kind of do the designs and have other people to make things we then install.

I’m going tracking this weekend maybe I can get some Porsche 911 guy to give me a video of my car when I pass him LOL

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
At ORP The night before 2 day Porsche event tracking.
So beautiful here. And then there’s the cars😂.
Lots of expensive German hardware and track monsters!! Only one other Italian car here.... classic Ferrari😀.
I’ve got my work cut out for me tomorrow and the next day as this will be first the true test of the car now that I’ve got the tire rubbing all fixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Al, I am speechless. This thing looks amazing! I hope you enjoy the hell out of it. Kick those German’s butts!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Second day of tracking is over. I have thoroughly tested my Giuila QV Widebody on the most technical race track in North America ORP (Oregon Raceway Park) and the verdict is in...... FAST 😃and SUCCESS😃💥💫⚡✨💰 ☀🏆🥇🏅🎖.
I believed in my project but I still wasn’t sure and with all that initial tire rubbing and how we kept the raising the car that got me a little worried.
Today on a race track that has over 400 feet of elevation change each lap I thoroughly tossed my car around a bunch of very fast 911s and GT4s.
I still had some tire rubbing on the fenders and the big thing was my differential has a problem and was completely open but I still was able to come in within 1 second of my fastest time here ever with this car before my mods. Did a 1:54.8 lap time which is smoking fast.
Considering there was three very big stretches of track were it was a turn and then I had to go up a hill where I had to big time let off the gas or I would throw a huge one tire smokescreen, plus some other small areas.
I’m figuring with my differential fixed would give me at least three maybe four seconds of time. Plus my tires still rubbing made me take it easy that’s another one second. So I think I’m going to be able to reach my target have a 1:49 or better laptime. That’s GT3RS territory!!
I was in A group today so I was with a whole lot of very fast drivers. There was really only a few cars that were a little faster than me which was amazing for a four-door sedan on street tires.
I had several fast drivers come up to me and tell me my car was amazing. One guy even said it was unbelievable. And these are Porsche people in A group that know how to drive.
Only bad thing was I had to tell people in the drivers meeting that my differential was open and to not worry if they see a lot of tire smoke and to look out for a few small smoke screens if I accelerate it too quickly. But everybody was good about that. But I really didn’t want to be that guy. But I think I more than made up for being that guy by also being that fast guy in the sedan😃 that being said I felt kind of bad about a couple huge smoke screens I dumped on some 911s behind me that I passed😂 but everybody was really cool about it. Yeah it was quite the scene I’m kind of a tail happy driver because I feel comfortable with my corrections and I was tossing that thing around and sliding and squealing and smoking and then there was one tire smoking it was quite a show. But people really liked it because I was so freaking fast and drove so great today! There were many people that went off I can’t even count how many and some guy in a Ferrari almost hit a wall. I drove my newly modded car really fast and never even came close to going off even a tiny bit. I was really proud of my driving today. Because of the differential problem I focused on momentum driving and trail braking to toss the car into the turn by using the brakes to rotate the car and I got really good at it.
Here is some tracking videos. One is from the observation deck of my trailer a friend took it it shows my car but also some other cars. And the in car video you can hear all one tires squealing when I go up hills or punch it and you’ll see me sliding a bit. And you’ll just see me pass 911 after 911 after 911😂😂😂
But these guys were a really good group nobody was mad or snobby to non-Porsche drivers except that one guy yesterday in B group that jokingly said that Alfa’s weren’t reliable. I gave him a retort “ So how do you like how the back of my car looks? He said I haven’t seen it. Then I said Well that’s all you’re going to see of it today.
I sure showed him. I’m sure he shit himself when he saw how fast I was and how I drove every session all the way to the end...Iron Car driving!!
FYI I really really really like the new Castrol SRF brake fluid I put in. Really noticed how my brakes didn’t fade at all even when I was doing maniac hot lap after hot lap!
The fastest car was the grey track only GT4 Clubsport on racing slicks. If you watch this video as you can see I’m not that far behind him. With my torque vectoring differential fixed and my tire rubs fixed actually think I would in the same speed range!🤗😎 just freaking amazing!! So pumped that I mod worked out so well!!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hey Al. I can see your passion for the car and your driving brimming with pride. Awesome job and it must have felt really good to feed that B group snob some humble pie! Great work. I am following with renewed and revised interest even more so than before.

What do you think the issue with the diff is? I would have thought the TVD module would have picked up an error if there was an issue. Do you have Multiecuscan? Could the larger wheels be confusing it? Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Hey Al. I can see your passion for the car and your driving brimming with pride. Awesome job and it must have felt really good to feed that B group snob some humble pie! Great work. I am following with renewed and revised interest even more so than before.

What do you think the issue with the diff is? I would have thought the TVD module would have picked up an error if there was an issue. Do you have Multiecuscan? Could the larger wheels be confusing it? Hope you get it sorted.
Thank you I appreciate that.
Yeah it was pretty funny everybody kind of snickered underneath their breath when he said it and also what I said. So it was light hearted but the point was made I was not going to put up with any disrespect to the Alfa brand..... And that I was much faster than him and I was.
I’m not sure what the differential problem is all I know is that it’s been extremely hard 17,000 miles on my car then there was maybe a few too many burnouts and drifts.
Doesn’t have anything to do with the tires they’re only slightly taller I was having the same problems before with the stock height tires.
Brand differential is about $7000 will see what happens. I think they should warrantee it if you look at the Alfa commercials they show the QVs all drifting LOL
I just wish I would’ve had a proper differential this weekend I would’ve been maybe the fastest person here in a 4 door 5 seater sedan unbelievably!!
Next time!!:)

241 - 260 of 272 Posts