Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

221 - 240 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
297 Posts
add fat and lazy to that. No money in medicine with healthy people. Notice 6 weeks later in quarantines and not a single national exercise plan as part of the prevention. Exercise is the enemy of healthcare and providers. Just like rehabs are to heroin dealers. Smh.
Jeeeezus, can we please try to not have every single thread turn into a COVID-19 thread?

Just as with @JerryIII , I too don't much care for how the car was looking with these mods, but I can't deny @Call me Al 's quality of work and engineering going on here. Hats off...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Jeeeezus, can we please try to not have every single thread turn into a COVID-19 thread?

Just as with @JerryIII , I too don't much care for how the car was looking with these mods, but I can't deny @Call me Al 's quality of work and engineering going on here. Hats off...
Sometimes it’s better to be the donkey and let others do the heavy lifting.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #223 (Edited)

Yes I agree Let’s keep this area politics free. It’s nice to have a politics free place. But that being said when they stop you from selling cars including Alfas they are really pushing it with me. Those kind of decisions affect all of us. we could actually have Alfa dealerships go out of business because of how this is being handled.
But again I vote for minimal political talk. Thanks for your input And glad you like the built.
Something interesting I bought an anemometer to measure the wind speed exiting the interior rear area of my car going out near the exhaust pipes and the rear air exhaust vent on the bumper.
Since I have dramatically increased the amount of air flow going in there by adding air scoops and increasing the size of existing ones to cool the differential and also because I replaced the solid felt fender liners with a screen mesh, so if I have enough airflow through there I’m going to put in a blind spoiler wing.
Trying to hard to get enough downforce without putting a wing on the back.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
A little display of how much more tire I will have in the front. 255s vs 305s
11 1/2 inches of tread with -3.25 camber degrees in the front should do just fine !
And the other photo shows the rear tire difference 305 versus 325. Have over 12 inches on the rear tires

·
Registered
250 Posts
No updates? Inquiring minds want to know. Hopefully everyone is healthy and happy.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #229 (Edited)
More progress almost done with all the metal work. We have now moved both front auxiliary radiators forward a little bit and installed a nice metal screen to increase cooling airflow and make room for the 305 tires to fit without rubbing. We also have put the small screens in the center inlets and outlets. Where I am continuing to use some felt fenderwell liner we are repairing it with some plastic It’s all coming together!
Next it’s off to the hydrodipper to put a faux dark carbon fiber finish on it then clearcoat it then put film on them. Then we bolt them back on the car and I’m done with the fender flare ground effects part.
Then I add some more negative camber, put on my KW DDC PnP coilovers, install my new custom 3 inch downpipe‘s with 200 cell high flow cats to my existing Remus 2.75 inch exhaust (so the entire exhaust will be oversized)
Then that will be it and In off to the track!
Oh one more thing I bought an anemometer to measure the wind speed traveling behind my rear tires.
This is interesting I’m doing this because we removed the felt fender liners and replaced it with a high flow screen also we added air scoops to the underpan to push air into cool the differential. Also these big fender are going to have a lot of air movement and with those big grills behind the rear tires it will suck a lot of air out so there’s going to be quite a flow of air flow through that part of the back of the car exiting through the holes around the exhaust pipes and and out the rear grill in the rear bumper. This is all good for downforce. There will also be a good amount of air flow and we’re going to measure it. If we can register air speeds of 60 mph (the minimum speed you can actually get something out of a wing) at say 110 mph then we will install a blind spoiler/wing to add more downforce. I really don’t want to put a big on the back of the car. Interesting stuff as we are really sucking a lot of air from underneath the car and out of the fender wells. Much more than the OEM design.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Scanned into CF...Your money is long like train smoke AL. Car looks sharp.
Thanks and Ha ha actually I’m a lot more frugal than you think!
Widebody kit’s for like a GTR like a liberty walk are really expensive!
“The kit itself consists of a new front bumper, side diffuser, rear bumper, rear wing and, of course, the wide fenders. Altogether, this complete body kit costs $42,380, according to Liberty Walk's website.Aug 15, 2016 “
And in general:
“The average cost of a full body kit is not likely to reach higher than $16,000, despite the fact that full body kits can set you back anywhere from as little as $7,000, all the way up to $60,000.”

I’m not yet prepared to say what I will sell my widebody kit for but it’ll be a lot less! Even in CF. So after I sell a couple I’ll actually end up getting mine for free eventually. Hopefully.
The first one is expensive but after that it’s not too bad once it’s scanned and ready to print in CF. They even have 3-D printers that print in CF now.
My car is black so the fender flares/ground effects kind of blend in. I’m still going to go for a dark carbon fiber look.
It would be interesting to see what it looks like on a red car.
Photo shopped the metal black here.
hard to believe that’s an actual 305 on the front and 325 tire on the rear. In person the car looks really wide and cool. Kind of a sleeper.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Thanks and Ha ha actually I’m a lot more frugal than you think!
Widebody kit’s for like a GTR like a liberty walk are really expensive!
“The kit itself consists of a new front bumper, side diffuser, rear bumper, rear wing and, of course, the wide fenders. Altogether, this complete body kit costs $42,380, according to Liberty Walk's website.Aug 15, 2016 “
And in general:
“The average cost of a full body kit is not likely to reach higher than $16,000, despite the fact that full body kits can set you back anywhere from as little as $7,000, all the way up to $60,000.”

I’m not yet prepared to say what I will sell my widebody kit for but it’ll be a lot less! Even in CF. So after I sell a couple I’ll actually end up getting mine for free eventually. Hopefully.
The first one is expensive but after that it’s not too bad once it’s scanned and ready to print in CF. They even have 3-D printers that print in CF now.
My car is black so the fender flares/ground effects kind of blend in. I’m still going to go for a dark carbon fiber look.
It would be interesting to see what it looks like on a red car.
Photo shopped the metal black here.
hard to believe that’s an actual 305 on the front and 325 tire on the rear. In person the car looks really wide and cool. Kind of a sleeper.
View attachment 99307 View attachment 99308
car looks sharp but that is not a sleeper lol. No car wit 325s gonna surprise anyone who knows cars. Can’t wait to see its times.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Fender flares are all done and off to the hydrodipper, then painter and film guy. Will take about two weeks then will be done.
Now the car is at the mechanic shop getting high flow cats, KW DDC PnP coilovers, A big negative camber kit. Also going to raise the car a bit from what it is now so there’s no rubbing and with the big tires we kind of need to a little bit.
I’ve also got some nice carbon fiber goodies to put on. Car should be really bad ass!
Maybe 3 weeks and it’s all done!
Had to drive the car around a little bit with the tires on it was pretty funny looking without the flares.
It’s funny I haven’t driven the car for a couple months I had to get used to stooping down so low to get into it after driving the lowered Stelvio QV!!

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
174 Posts
Awesome! I’ve been watching your build. Can’t wait to see the final product!

hey I’m also interested in your opinion of the KW DDC PnP coilovers once you get some time on track with this beast. Would you be open to providing that perhaps in a different thread?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Awesome! I’ve been watching your build. Can’t wait to see the final product!

hey I’m also interested in your opinion of the KW DDC PnP coilovers once you get some time on track with this beast. Would you be open to providing that perhaps in a different thread?
Thanks I’m excited too should only be a couple more weeks.
This week we’re gonna put on the KW coil overs after I’ve driven them some I’ll write a post about that separately.
But I already have put those But I already have put those KW DDCPNP Coilovers on my Stelvio already and they are awesome!
They even improve natural mode driving.
And dynamic and race mode are an incredible improvement on that car

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Car is at body shop. Decided just to paint fender flares/ground effects the same volcano black as car.
Hydrodipping was too difficult and the vinyl wraps that are supposed to look like carbon fiber do not look good to me.
This will be super classy this way. Also keeping it a bit of a sleeper!
At the same time car is at the race shop getting a KW DDCPNP coilovers, camber kit and high flow cat downpipes plus newest ECU stage 2 by Ideal Racing.
Also I have some trick carbon fiber goodies to put on body, hood grills, Nero grill V and mirror caps.
Two weeks and it will be done!
Best picture I have of what it will look like is this photoshopped one with the flare/ground effects colored black.
Next photos will be the real thing!

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
174 Posts
What camber kit are you installing?

·
Super Moderator
2,858 Posts
Super slick new one by Ideal Racing. Goes up to -3.5.
[/QUOTE}
I need some adjustable front UCA's so I don'ty have to shim the hell out of the LCA to the point the half shaft is getting "stretched out".

221 - 240 of 270 Posts