Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, please check these pics and confirm that my spring retainers were removed. I was worried for a while since my car is sitting a bit high but I only just passed 500 miles this week. The stickers were left on my windshield at delivery but tech was supposed to be done. What I thought saw just now might be the "hockey pucks" are actually just the spring bushings for the seats. I saw them on suspension pics from Alfa Romeo/Fiat. Please confirm that everything is in order. Rear seams OK and I have seen pics of Quads with the front as high as mine. Carbon brakes and all, about 3 fingers from tire to fender lip, low miles. I may try pressing on the towers with the hood up to try and get it to settle some more.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
OK guys, please check these pics and confirm that my spring retainers were removed. I was worried for a while since my car is sitting a bit high but I only just passed 500 miles this week. The stickers were left on my windshield at delivery but tech was supposed to be done. What I thought saw just now might be the "hockey pucks" are actually just the spring bushings for the seats. I saw them on suspension pics from Alfa Romeo/Fiat. Please confirm that everything is in order. Rear seams OK and I have seen pics of Quads with the front as high as mine. Carbon brakes and all, about 3 fingers from tire to fender lip, low miles. I may try pressing on the towers with the hood up to try and get it to settle some more.

I looked at the car we have on our showroom floor. It looks the same as yours and has the same 3 fingers between tire and fender.

·
Registered
876 Posts
IS it rwd or awd ??

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks. Here is the one on Google images I was looking at before. CC brakes, and check out the knuckle in the gap. "Flying buttress spindle?" ;)

Back in the Miata today. Two days off, and a lightweight flywheel sure gives my power steering fits. Bogs and can stall after almost every cold startup. It's a 13 lb flywheel, heavier than the normal lightweight wheel from Flyin' Miata. It's rated for superchargers but with all my LS options, the power steering on first chop really kills it. I may need a new idle control valve too.

Attachments

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
131 Posts
@John_K_348 My 2018 is over 2500 miles now and is still sitting higher than 2017s I have seen, including 2017s with under 100 miles. I honestly think they changed to specs between model years. 2017s seem to be about 2 fingers instead of 3.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Wow, and I was thinking I need to brake harder and make it dive more ;)

First honest mountain drive on Wampatuck Rd. here south of Boston with some real twisties, sweepers. Superb grip and stability. I could push it more but it is a little icy, especially in the shadows. Did do a small burnout when I left the detail shop in Weymouth. Haha! Cold tires in Race mode. :D

Reactions: rjmcinnis

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And I wonder if it had anything to do with the few that were crashed. Maybe some washout under steer or too much dive and weight transfer, body roll?

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Wondering if the spring part numbers changed for the cars from 2017 to 2018.

It would not surprise me that the ride height spec changed by half inch or more.

The underside of the front end of the Quadrifoglio is easily scraped or bottomed out depending upon how quickly the car is traveling through compressive bumps ;)

Reactions: rjmcinnis

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
I think some folks reported tire rubbing issues with stock 2017 QVs. Maybe AR lifted the car up addresses this?

Assuming that is road salt all over your suspension, it might be a good idea to get under there with some fresh water and hose it down.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What are some of the good spring lowering options out there without going too low...I think 2cm would be a nice look -
Don't want to change the handling dynamic of the car - just sit lower.

-Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts