Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Spotted Downunder

105K views 944 replies 42 participants last post by  Mondo 
#1 ·
Hope its ok to start a spotted thread without pictures?
I was very excited yesterday- spotted two Giulia's on the way home from work.

A grey Veloce on the monash Fwy
And what looked like a super on High Street road.

Whats the procedure here do you guys wave or give thumbs up knowing that we both made a choice to buy something different/special in this grey car world?

#557 ·
Got a wave......my second but the first I was able to acknowledge.

The other driver didn't have much choice in the matter as I let her and her Stromboli(?) (I have some difficulty telling Stromboli form Versuvio at time though I know the Versuvio is the darker) turn in front me on Riversdale Road, Camberwell this afternoon.

It would have been rude not to wave but I think we did better than that.....

#568 ·
My Vulcano Black QV is almost 3 years and and looks brand new. I did have it ceramic coated when I bought it, and it can go a couple of weeks and still look clean. It's the dust on my wheels and brakes that actually trigger me to wash it. My last car was white and I'd argue it's worse to keep clean, with all the soot, grime and dust extremely contrasting the paintwork.

#573 ·
Once every couple of months I use Kittens cut and polish and apply it with the polisher (Ryobi cordless). Medium Pad on medium speed and keeping the pad moist.
Wash the car 1st to remove dust, polish, then a good wash (I use Kittens or Armarol wash not the wash and wax) then using the soft pad I apply some old skool (with a K) Turtle Wax.
I have some Armarol cream cut paste haven't used it yet, once I run out of car care stuff thinking of trying Bowden products as I use the stinky mag wheel cleaner and support a local.
Oh and make sure that the car is cool specially black or else it turns into a mess.
And of course a beer to celebrate.

#574 ·
Where have the the Giulia's gone? Not one sighting by me (or others apparently for about a fortnight).

I did see this morning a very nice looking red GTV (116 series) outside of Bruno's cafe at about 8.30am on High Street Armadale. I just missed out on parking next to it but must say that is was was on club plates and looking very smart on its early morning outting. What a lovely thing to be able to rollout of the garage every so often and enjoy.

#576 ·
That must be very rare. I can't say I've seen any 156 GTA's for a decade or more. Way back I knew someone who owned one. It was fun to drive when at the time I think i must of had a company issued VL Commodore Calais which was also fun in a tail-y sort of way in the wet.

In the UK I think there is a way of looking these things up - how many of xxx model remain registered. Can that be done here? (obviously state by state)

#578 ·
All I seem to see on a (semi) regular basis are Giulietta's (940) and 159's. The odd Mito and then very occasionally a 105 or 116 series or 156. Haven't noticed a 75, 33, Sud, Spyder or a 116 Giulietta for I can't think how long.

Sounds like there might be a story attached to the Adelaide GTA wagon arrival.

#580 · (Edited)
I probably need to go to Motorclassica when it returns in October to get me re-aquainted with a few of these types. Many years ago I had a sequence of Italians Lancia Beta coupe , Fiat 124CC couple and Alfa GTV6. Sold them all of course, though only really regret selling the GTV - plan is to find something classic at some point to pair with the Giulia.