Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
701 - 720 of 733 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm currently in San Francisco, and have seen at least as many Giulias and Stelvios in 4 days here as I have in 4 years in Sydney. Is the Bay Area a hotbed of Alfisti? I need a car for the day tomorrow and can even find a Giulia on Turo to rent for the day!

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,312 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Veloce, Misano Blue, Yellow Calipers, Tan Leather, Roof and HK, Go Pedal Pro
449 Posts
Interesting observation....I certainly wouldn't park in parallel with a solid white line like that. But it appears its not a no parking area - there is a clearly marked parking space occupied by the Falcon ute opposite. He look like he is parked on the correct side of the sign.

No parking, or restricted parking would be indicated by a yellow line on the left hand side of the road. I live a few kms from the site of the incident but in the same local govt council.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,312 Posts
Unlike the Monaro, I was travelling in my own lane when a B Double wanted my lane in pretty much the same fashion - i have posted about it before, and yes I was kind of in a dazed calm sort of thankful to be alive sort of shock - that Monaro guy was probably just about to get out of his car ? dont know,

No parking, or restricted parking would be indicated by a yellow line on the left hand side of the road. I live a few kms from the site of the incident but in the same local govt council.
ok, cool

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Veloce, Misano Blue, Yellow Calipers, Tan Leather, Roof and HK, Go Pedal Pro
449 Posts
Yours sounds like a serious event and yes the Monaro guy too could have been in shock. Who knows what the outcome might have been a few seconds later.

The car can be fixed...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Blue Giulia Veloce just narrowly missed being involved with this idiot

Video: Classic Australian muscle car cleaned up by garbage truck in shocking dashcam video

cnr of Joy St and Valkstone St Benteligh East then the truck went down Joy St to Roslyn St roundabout - anybody here ?

did anyone get the number of that truck
Not so "shocking" to be honest. Cars parked on both sides of the street and too close to the intersection. All you need is someone not parking close to the curb and then there is no space.
Nearby here literally you can't get through and cars are parked right close to the intersection of a main road on both sides.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce in Rosso Monza
36 Posts
Saturday morning, saw a Red Guilia Qaudrifoglio heading up the mountain at Mt Macedon, Victoria. We were in our Giulietta Quadrifoglio and followed you up the hill :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Driving along Old Windsor Road towards the Hills Area in Sydney....tons of cars ahead of me at around 9.45pm....and suddenly a Red Alfa 4C moves from the extreme left to my right and then the White Stelvio ahead of me moves to my left...felt great to be in the company of Alfas :D
Further up the road in about a km - Another Stelvio Quad 😃

·
Registered
11 Posts
Driving along Old Windsor Road towards the Hills Area in Sydney....tons of cars ahead of me at around 9.45pm....and suddenly a Red Alfa 4C moves from the extreme left to my right and then the White Stelvio ahead of me moves to my left...felt great to be in the company of Alfas :D
Further up the road in about a km - Another Stelvio Quad 😃
Im in the Hills, Had to remember if it was me the 4c?? Wasn't me, good to know there's another floating around. What colour is your Giulia?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Two today. A quad on Toorak RdToorak at about 5pm.Then a volcano in the Malvern Coles carpark at about 6pm. Parked two spaces from me. New delivery going by the plate CAT xxx with the wheels like we see on the US Veloces. The teledials with the raised rims of each circle in silver. A bit jarring on first view.

·
Registered
57 Posts
New delivery going by the plate CAT xxx with the wheels like we see on the US Veloces. The teledials with the raised rims of each circle in silver. I bit jarring on first view.
Yep I do find those new wheels a little bit "look at moi, look at moi" (to quote Kath & Kim). I definitely prefer the classic teledials, which is one more on the long list of reasons why it didn't make sense for me to buy new. Having said that, I've seen some pics of Veloces in dark colours with the new wheels that look quite good.

701 - 720 of 733 Posts