Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
681 - 700 of 733 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Veloce, Misano Blue, Yellow Calipers, Tan Leather, Roof and HK, Go Pedal Pro
449 Posts
In St Kilda today for lunch at Ciccolina's and park in the side street for the first hour in the street along side the Readings bookshop.

Return a little over an hour later to move the car which I do into an adjacent car park 30 m away then back to finish lunch. Returning to my car sometime later i find another Misano blue (BPX XXX) parked in the very same spot I had parked in two hours before.

For a brief moment I thought I was going mad. Its rare for me to see to see another Misano so it was all a bit Stranger Things really.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Since I've officially announced my debut as a Giulia driver I thought I'd drop in here with my sightings... which I have to say are few and far between (I'm amazed by how many you all seem to be seeing).

I live in Surry Hills, NSW and apart from my Alfa red Giulietta QV the only other Alfas in the neighbourhood that I routinely see are a lovely rosso Spyder (early 70s vintage I think) and a fairly utilitarian looking white base model Stelvio (nice red interior though). Though I did once see a brand spanking new Stelvio Q in Montreal green, which was a real showstopper - I stopped to chat to the owner who had literally picked it up that day and was beaming with pride.

Since I started seriously thinking about acquiring a Giulia about 3 months ago, I've been keeping my eyes peeled. While contemplating colour choices I saw one Misano blue Veloce briefly on a rainy day in the CBD, and even in the gloomy weather the colour really popped - that sighting moved Misano waaaay up the desirable colour hierarchy for me. Then I had to go to the US for work, and literally the only Alfa I saw in the course of my 10 days in NY and CA was a Misano blue Stelvio Q driving down 5th Avenue - in the summer sunshine the colour was even more of a showstopper. So it seemed like fate when I found my 2020 Misano blue Veloce (which I bought online from Perth while still in the US).

The wait for it to arrive (first sorting inspections, then financing, then transport) was a super painful 7 weeks or so, and during that time I made a point of scouring the landscape for Giulias wherever I went - and I kid you not it took 6 weeks before I saw even one, rapidly followed by a Stelvio on the same day. There are loads of Giuliettas around here, and a smattering of other, older Alfas (especially 159s... that design is ageing like fine wine) but Giulias are incredibly thin on the ground.

Though to get this thread back on track, I went for a spin today and I did see a silver Quad on Reserve Rd, Artarmon - no chance to wave as I was approaching on the cross street and they wouldn't have seen me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome to the club @mentalblank ...well done with the Misano Blue Veloce. Post some pics when you find a few moments away from your Giulia ;):D

I have moved cars interstate previously but never more than 3 weeks. Many years ago I was quoted a delivery time of 4 weeks from Bendigo to Sydney...decided to fly in and drive back home - best journey ever. I understand Perth to Sydney would have been an adventure ...not many take.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have moved cars interstate previously but never more than 3 weeks. Many years ago I was quoted a delivery time of 4 weeks from Bendigo to Sydney...decided to fly in and drive back home - best journey ever. I understand Perth to Sydney would have been an adventure ...not many take.
The quote from Prixcar was 16 business days, but there were quite a few delays even in getting to that point, as their stated rules are that they'll only ship vehicles with at least 150mm ground clearance (which honestly is rare these days outside of SUVs) unless you pay for an (exorbitantly expensive) enclosed transport, so it took a while to clarify that they could in fact ship mine; then there was a about a 4 day wait for the first available pickup date, which is when the clock officially started ticking.

As it happens, though, the car arrived 6 days before they said it would, and I have to say Prixcar were great to deal with - and I'd much rather people underpromise and overdeliver rather than the other way around.

I did consider picking up the car in WA and driving it over, however stamp duty in WA is almost double what it is in NSW, and organising an interstate unlicensed vehicle permit is a ball-ache and very restrictive in terms of where you can go and how long. Plus it's the depth of winter, so a lot of the things I'd like to do along that route would be a lot less appealing, not to mention I'd be adding 4,000km to the odometer right out of the box... so I reluctantly concluded that waiting for delivery was the best option.

Welcome to the club @mentalblank ...well done with the Misano Blue Veloce. Post some pics when you find a few moments away from your Giulia ;):D
I posted these pics in the other thread already... but honestly any excuse to post pics of my new baby...

Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Car

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Sky Cloud Car Grille Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Cloud

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Plus some bonus shots of her predecessors - an '02 147 TSpark, and a 2015 Giulietta QV, which if my friend doesn't buy I might need to be finding a new home for. It's the last year they did a manual, and the only year to get a manual with the facelift, nav/multimedia etc so if you're a manual love it's pretty much the ultimate GQV. It's in great condition with 70K km on the clock so if you know anyone who might be interested, hit me up :).

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Plant

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Sky Wheel Car Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh... and I spotted a black Veloce parked in Vaucluse today. Maybe all I needed was a Giulia to make me keep finding excuses to go out driving... thus giving me more time to spot other Giulias.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It has been a good spotting couple of days. Couple of Stelvios yesterday and a red Veloce last night at the gym. Few more Stelvios today and parked next to a volcano veloce tonight at "cars and teens" sort of event. Not quite my scene but my daughter wanted to go. I think the veloce was actually here just to get ice-cream for his kids

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce in Rosso Monza
36 Posts
Hi, quick off topic question for you. I just bought both a 2015 Giulietta QV and a 2017 Giulia Veloce. I have not eyeballed either car as they're in Melbourne and I am in the Riverina. Are those NSW Premium slimline plates on your cars? I'm in the process of deciding what type of plates to get. Was thinking Euro but they might be too big, but also been wondering if the Premium would be too small?

More off topic chat, I also bought a car from WA in 2017 and had it shipped by Prixcar. They were great, but mine sat in a yard in SA for a week till they had a load booked to bring over. was pretty cheap too.

Apologies for the temporary hijacking of the thread.
Cheers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi, quick off topic question for you. I just bought both a 2015 Giulietta QV and a 2017 Giulia Veloce. I have not eyeballed either car as they're in Melbourne and I am in the Riverina. Are those NSW Premium slimline plates on your cars? I'm in the process of deciding what type of plates to get. Was thinking Euro but they might be too big, but also been wondering if the Premium would be too small?
Hi @Mondo

Yes I believe they are the NSW premium slimline ones though honestly I find the mix of plate options pretty confusing. For a Giulietta, I think the premium slimline ones are perfect - the smaller the better if you ask me. For the Giulia, one thing to consider is whether there's already a black plastic front registration plate mounting. Mine came with one, which if removed will leave scarring on the bumper, so I now have the annoying situation of a licence plate that's smaller (shallower) than the black mounting, which does look a bit cack. Though I'm not sure whether the other options would be any better.

Is your Giulietta a manual or auto, out of interest? (And if you're happy to share mileage / what you paid / any other details that would be great, as that's a great reference point for me as I'm about to sell mine.)

More off topic chat, I also bought a car from WA in 2017 and had it shipped by Prixcar. They were great, but mine sat in a yard in SA for a week till they had a load booked to bring over. was pretty cheap too.
Mine moved 20km across Perth then sat there for literally 8 days before it moved another inch. But once it got going, it all happened very quickly - like yours, it stopped in SA but only for a day or so, and it ended up arriving 6 days faster than scheduled. They clearly give themselves a fair bit of wiggle room on timing so they can optimise each shipment.

Anyway, congrats on the new purchases - share some photos when they arrive! And to get the thread back on topic, do you routinely spot any Alfas in your neck of the woods? I imagine they'd be fairly thin on the ground?

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce in Rosso Monza
36 Posts
Oops I see you posted a pic of your new Giulia already here.
haha

yeah, not too many Alfas out here although there is a bloke in town with at least two 159's in his yard. One definitely has no rego so might be a donor car for the other one?

Thanks for the info on the plates, sounds like i need to go regular sized to fit the mounting plate. I'll share that info you asked for on the other post.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Meanwhile, spotted another Giulia in my neighbourhood (Surry Hills) today for first time in ages, heading north along Riley Street about 20mins ago. I was turning off Albion so only saw it at last second - all I could see was that it was some shade of red and had a rear spoiler. Did an Alfa Wave (TM) but couldn’t see whether it was reciprocated.

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Veloce, Misano Blue, Yellow Calipers, Tan Leather, Roof and HK, Go Pedal Pro
449 Posts
First Giulia sighting for weeks....

Versuvio parked on Dandenong Road, Armadale this morning around 9am. Looked like a school drop off taking place at the King David School nearby.

681 - 700 of 733 Posts