Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
461 - 480 of 524 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
I know that this is more geared towards Giulias. But once in a while when out for a jog I see a guy driving what seems to be a collection of Alfas.

A late model GT, Brera, 33 4wd (very rare) and my favourite Alfasud. He is heading down to Huntingdale Rd going south. I think he has a Giulia black one

Must be nice to have one Alfa for each day!

·
Registered
452 Posts
View attachment 117522
Yup, jnr has clocked up a few hours. He's ready to present his 1st ride soon, just waiting for the ring to be extended so we can get there and the HSC exams to finish. Not sure what he's looking at, but I'm sure I'll react the same like he's grandfather did when I was a weeelad. 🤣
Now everytime he drives any other car he'll think something is wrong with it

·
Registered
245 Posts
had to do a special google for that one

i figured if it has a name it has a pub ... especially in Victoria
Hotels in Clematis < Victoria | Gday Pubs - Enjoy our Great Australian Pubs

looks like a cool pub, reminds me of the one we have in Berry
Probably similar in many ways - though lacking the beaches. Originally forestry but lots of high quality farming land. Forest areas a still plentiful.

No doubt you confirmed the rule - if it has a pub it is a place.

We went a bit further on to Gembrook - about 50km east of Melbourne. Choose that route to stay a bit off the usual tourist track given it was day one out of lockdown. Then took the long way home!

·
Registered
245 Posts
@Norwood61 so I gather the roads are clear now after the big storm a few months back!

Tried to get up to Mount Macedon before the last lockdown and they hadn't cleared the roads yet.
Certainly the roads on that southern side of the Dandenongs are open. Given it was day one of no lockdown we thought we would stay away from the main Belgrave to Montrose via Kalorama drag - there is no point in running over that road at 40km an hour when I can do that on High St Armadale.

Not sure how well things have been cleaned up elsewhere.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Now everytime he drives any other car he'll think something is wrong with it
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

And there you have it. Had to head out to the boondocks to get it. Kid loves his JDM stuff so he has big plans for this one, we are on the hunt for a 4A-GE engine. Off to get a RWC cert next week, his sister got an O/S trip, he wanted something to tinker with.

I stopped looking as my wallet is starting to hurt!

I can't lie I'm a sucker for Mazda's my 1st ride was a clapped out Capella, spent a fortune putting a 12a in it. The old man had a lot to say as I am.🤣

·
Registered
478 Posts
Those old Mazda’s like the Capella and the 1500(?) had that strong Italian design influence. Alfa ish front ends and on the 1500 the side profile.

That model Corolla had pretty good reviews in its day. 4A GE Z? version it’s the Yamaha head.
The Mazda 1500 was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro when he was at Bertone. Originally the car was a design study for Alfa Romeo who turned down the proposal. Who knows would of been a replacement for the Giulia at the time.

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Veloce (MY19) - 1973 C110 Skyline - 1977 Datsun 810 SSS - 1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #479 ·
the main Belgrave to Montrose via Kalorama drag - there is no point in running over that road at 40km an hour when I can do that on High St Armadale.
went for a run yesterday in the Datsun, went Kalorama to Ferntree Gully.
Was packed on the mountain but going in reverse was pretty good till we got to sassafras and got stuck behind a learner in a 190E who made sure he stuck to 40kph the entire way down the hill :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
245 Posts
went for a run yesterday in the Datsun
I see from your About you run a Datsun 180B SSS

I had a Datsun 180B SSS - second car. In orange. I reckon mine was the first version - the one with the indicator on the front guard - not integrated with the headlights. So a 73/74?

Replaced that with a Fiat 124 Coupe (CC series) followed by a GTV6 (there was also a Lancia HPE coupe in there somewhere for a short time).

461 - 480 of 524 Posts