Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
401 - 420 of 481 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
The first official sighting of my Misano Veloce happened yesterday when the dealer rang to say it had arrived.

I was hoping to have it for the weekend so I could drive around our 10km COVID circles but as we have a public holiday today the pre delivery won't get done in time. Yes, here in Melbourne we have a public holiday in the middle of a lockdown and curfew. The holiday was created to celebrate a game of football, which due to aforementioned lockdown and curfew isn't even happening in this city but taking place in Perth 2,500km away. :unsure:

So delivery will have to wait until early next week.

I'm used to waiting for cars but at nearly 8 months this is the longest time I've waited mostly because of the 9 week wait since it arrived in Australia on August 1-COVID i guess.....

·
Registered
956 Posts
Parked near a nice black base model with upgraded dash quarter to 8 at Bowen bakery this morning. Not a fan of Alfa red seats but I love the red dash stitching that comes with it

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wasn't 100% sure. But now I don't think I'll be able to go back to anything but red seats

Sent from my LE2110 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Veloce (MY19) - 1973 C110 Skyline - 1977 Datsun 810 SSS - 1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
I wasn't 100% sure. But now I don't think I'll be able to go back to anything but red seat's

I would have red seats, but not the red dash and door trim highlights that come with it.
And Veloce seats only thank's.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would have red seats, but not the red dash and door trim highlights that come with it.
And Veloce seats only thank's.
Ah right. Yes mine just has the red seats. I see where you're coming from

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Veloce (MY19) - 1973 C110 Skyline - 1977 Datsun 810 SSS - 1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #411 ·
Spotted a very nice white QV outbound on the monash this morning.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had said previously that I han't actually seen a Misano blue Guilia in the flesh before ordering. There were none around in December 2020 or January 2021. In response @Papa Gallo was kind enough to share this version which you would have to say is pretty fabulous.

Water Sky Photograph White Muscle

But.....it appears that you can't believe everthing you read on the internet or on car forums. Apparently, this is a Misano Blue Guilia and it happened to arrive yesterday after a nearly 9 month wait.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Grille Car Hood Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

And for those who like the tan interior.....
Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

And who doesn't like yellow calipers/blue body combo (rhetorical - no need respond people)
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Locking hubs

So on balance while I liked Papa's idea very much I think the car might actually be easier to live with - not withstanding potential battery issues, thrown CELS and ever aging maps.

Personalised plates to be added (a last minute Vic Roads issue) and some better shots when I break out the Canon DSLR when Melbourne gives up some sun.

Last Alfa was a 1986? Grigio GTV6 which I held onto until the early 1990's.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,842 Posts
this is a Misano Blue Guilia and it happened to arrive yesterday after a nearly 9 month wait.
congratulations !!!
9 months eh ? ... hmmm,

have a cigar, new dad

a couple of Pink Floyd tracks to help you celebrate The Birth
welcome to the machine

in the flesh
nobody does this better than blondie

that about sum it up ?? LOL

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,842 Posts
you got the rare tan interior, black badges, and yellow calipers

nice, i bet it was worth the wait ... in gold !!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #418 ·
ooooo must be one of the last Brighton-delivered cars.

Spectacular Spec congratulations!

·
Registered
208 Posts
you got the rare tan interior, black badges, and yellow calipers

nice, i bet it was worth the wait ... in gold !!!
Yes, it was the tan that required the factory order. The black badges, black scudetto and black headlining were part of the Series 2 ''úpgrade'' and didn't involve choices I made. I think the black badging works well on the blue.

The hard part of the wait (hard in a first world kind of hard) was the fact that it arrived in Melbourne on August 1 but took a long time to get to the dealer due to COVID and reduced or altered work hours for all those people who handle the car before they hand over the keys.

401 - 420 of 481 Posts