Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Veloce (MY19) - 1973 C110 Skyline - 1977 Datsun 810 SSS - 1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
if anyone heard a random single toot of a horn today - that was me going wild celebrating Italy's Euro Cup win trying to not look conspicuous during a lockdown ... shhhhhh

toot!!!

:)😄🥇🏆⚽
I also tooted someone this morning in a Vesuvio Grey Giulia.

Had my Italy Scalf on the dash for good measure

·
Registered
890 Posts
Spotted a nice white QV at Oakleigh car park while getting my 1st jab. Something about it's stance compared to my 4 banger they just sit nice.
Yes despite all the mods you read about in this forum the basic QV has got its trimmings just right. That trofeo white has a lovely sheen in the Sun that photos don’t capture.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I clearly have developed heightened Alfa perception over the past few months

On what is a horrible wet and dark day here in Melbourne I spotted a Veloce parked on High St Armadale at some distance. Initially thought it was Vulcano but on closer inspection it turned out to be Verdi. Even on such a rubblsih day it is such a great colour.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,325 Posts
I was the same, i walked around a Verdi thinking it was Vulcano until finally a speck of light through the clouds showed the dark green
this could be my next colour

i took pics

·
Registered
123 Posts
Big Alfa day today - they obviously all come out during lock down and all within my 5km travel limit.

Vulcano in Carlisle St Kilda, a white Stelvio in High Street Armadale and then two red Giulias in High St Malvern - a Rosso and a Monza. Like the Verdi I really like the Monza. Is it a unicorn? Can't be too many around.

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Veloce (MY19) - 1973 C110 Skyline - 1977 Datsun 810 SSS - 1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·
Spotted two QV's within 5 mins of one another this morning - they were heading outbound on the Monash around 9am.

Montecarlo Blue and what looked like Trofeo White!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sunday about midday at the Bunnings in Port Melbourne - a really lovely 159 sedan in black with dark red/burgandy. trim.

Oh and this......a few minutes further up the road

No, I didn't spend all day waiting to see a Misano Blue Veloce roll off the back but she was somewhere inside or on the dock at the time of the photo at around 1pm.

An aside: I've been watching this ship (Tonsberg) since mid June when it arrived in Verbrugge in Belgium. It was always the ship most likley to have my car inside. Back in mid June the shipping schedule said it would arrive around 8.30am on August 1. It did at 8.48am on August 1 it pulling into Swanston Dock. I don't know how many nautical miles that is from Vebrugge to Melbourne but there were 8 stops along the way and it still makes here within the appointed hour. I think that is pretty amazing.

341 - 358 of 358 Posts