Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope its ok to start a spotted thread without pictures?
I was very excited yesterday- spotted two Giulia's on the way home from work.

A grey Veloce on the monash Fwy
And what looked like a super on High Street road.

Whats the procedure here do you guys wave or give thumbs up knowing that we both made a choice to buy something different/special in this grey car world?

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
2,334 Posts
well, this is Papa style - i spotted a red 159 Ti at a distance ahead and sped up roared alongside him and slowed to his speed - i then looked over and gave him a hearty thumbs up for such a beautiful car - he returned the signal, and i sped off and showed him how it cornered and swept around a bend before he went right and i went left
-i did the same to a black Brera when i first got her - nothing as subtle as a modest wave, just pure excitement -

i think the thumbs up has become the Alfa Giulia wave

in normal traffic head on, its just a wave, (we dont want to attract attention to the car otherwise everyone will want one )

:)

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
2,334 Posts
had one today - black Giulietta at a traffic light, i waved first as i rounded past him, he waved back -

·
Registered
361 Posts
Spotted a Comp Red Veloce in Elizabeth st Redfern a couple of days ago, pulled alongside and gave the thumbs up then remembered my tints are fairly dark...oh well.

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spotted two Red Supers this morning on the Monash, for a while two of us were stuck in traffic together.
I was very happy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Saw a nice red Veloce in Williamstown this arvo. Pretty unique....had silver wheels, and aluminium mirror caps.
Sounds like David and Caroline's car. They had a GT Anniversary in red, which seems to have inspired the colour scheme. David has written about it in the Victorian club magazine.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sounds like David and Caroline's car. They had a GT Anniversary in red, which seems to have inspired the colour scheme. David has written about it in the Victorian club magazine.
Ah! Yeah definitely reminded me of the 100th anniversary GT or the 159 Ti. Do you know if it came from the factory like that, or they got the colour scheme done locally?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ah! Yeah definitely reminded me of the 100th anniversary GT or the 159 Ti. Do you know if it came from the factory like that, or they got the colour scheme done locally?
David had it done at Zagame. He wrote about choosing matt silver for the mirrors and gloss for the wheels. He tried the Remus exhaust Zagame fits but didn't like it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just saw a Rosso or Comp Veloce with Spoiler and black exhaust tips in Darling St Rozelle. Nice.
When you come across one in the wild you just realise how bloody good they look!

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I spotted a Black Veloce on the Monash Fwy on Friday.

I find Black the least exciting colour, It really hides all those lovely lines.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Recently came across a Competizone Quadrifoglio on Windsor Road, Vineyard. We cruised along together for a few kilometres, parting ways at Bella Vista. I greatly enjoyed watching her from this new perspective, seeing her move and hearing her lovely sounds. Nice, very very nice.

I still prefer her in Trofeo white though :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Kicking myself I missed Spettacolo today. Had an unfortunate run in with a doctor's appointment, and was out the whole day.

Looked like an awesome turnout!

https://www.facebook.com/1112956845503541/posts/1449213475211208/
Yeah there was a great turnout, we were there for about two hours, quite a few modern giulia's mine included :wink2: heaps of QV's , photos of my brothers fully restored blue GTV & his mates GTA replica at the spettacollo , oh and my car

Attachments

Reactions: mjb and juz
1 - 20 of 185 Posts