Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ever since I became interested in the Giulia, I've been more observant of the AR badge on the roads. We're visiting Luxembourg at the moment, and was able to take a few photos of the area. Gorgeous little country. Here are a few AR photos and a cool Renault. Enjoy! I wasn't able to discern what model the QV was, maybe you guys can enlighten me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
Thanks for the photos! The QV is a Giulietta.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
And the black one is an Alfa GT (I've had two). The Giulietta is a MY2014. Funny that you took a picture of a Renault 4, since ~40k of them were built by Alfa Romeo and branded as such. At that time, Alfa also did the same thing with the Renault Dauphine.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Nice Giulietta QV!
And Renault 4, lol I owned one for 6 months in early 90s in college, once you got used to funny handling, doors hinged on the outside and absolutely zero power, they were fun:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the information. Interesting to know indeed. What are the performance specs for the 2014 Giuletta QV? Worthy of the QV trim? I do need to make a correction: the black Alfa GT was seen in Dinant, Belgium, not in Luxembourg.

·
Registered
647 Posts
And the black one is an Alfa GT (I've had two). The Giulietta is a MY2014. Funny that you took a picture of a Renault 4, since ~40k of them were built by Alfa Romeo and branded as such. At that time, Alfa also did the same thing with the Renault Dauphine.
Wow! I remember the "invasion" of the little Renault Dauphine into the US market many decades ago.
I had no idea they were re-branded Alfa's. "40 Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong" was the sales jargon.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Renault Dauphines weren't rebranded Alfas; at the time, Renault and Alfa Romeo entered into a partnership whereby Alfa licensed (and slightly modified) the Dauphine from Renault, built it in their Portello factory in Milan, and sold it in Italy as the Alfa Romeo Dauphine. They later did the same with the Renault 4, which Alfa licensed for a few years and sold as the Alfa Romeo R4L.

Alfa, by the way, does have French roots in a way, since it was born from the ashes of the failed Italian subsidiary of French auto maker Darracq, born in 1906. In 1910, after the Italian subsidiary went bankrupt and the assets were sold off, the buyers decided to call the new entity A.L.F.A. (Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili). With the abvent of WW1 the company faced heavy difficulties, and Nicola Romeo eventually took control. By the end of the War, the name would thus change to Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,

Welcome to Luxembourg! I'm from Luxembourg but I have to tell you that those cars are normal in Luxembourg, nothing special ;)
You have to spot Quadifoglio models, those are special in Luxembourg ;)
Have a nice trip ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello,

Welcome to Luxembourg! I'm from Luxembourg but I have to tell you that those cars are normal in Luxembourg, nothing special ;)
You have to spot Quadifoglio models, those are special in Luxembourg ;)
Have a nice trip ;)
The gray car has the green 4-leaf clover badge, that's Quadrofoglio Verde, is that not the top of the line, performance variant? :smile2:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It is. But, at that time, the gap between Quadrifoglio Verde and other versions wasn't especially large. Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde had a 1750cc 235hp engine with a manual gearbox (later replaced by the all-aluminium 240hp version from the 4C, with the TCT double clutch gearbox). The Mito Quadrifoglio Verde had a 1.4L 170hp engine with the TCT box. In 2016, when Giulia came around and the concept of Quadrifoglio was shifted, those Mito and Giulietta versions were renamed to Veloce.

·
Registered
647 Posts
MacGeek, maybe I'll order that badge for the trunk of my Giulia:

Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha, finally spotted a new QV in Luxembourg! :grin2: The sound of the exhaust when the car was speeding away was :nerd:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts