Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am strongly considering ordering the QV (waiting for model year change). As I expressed on a different forum, the biggest disappointment for me is the sport exhaust setting on the car. The sports exhaust sounds great for a turbo when open, but too muffled when closed.

To me, the noise a car of this sort makes is a large part of the driving experience. And in the QV, the exhaust can only be fully open in Race mode, which means to have the good sounding exhaust, you need to forgo the safety of traction control. Dangerous on public roads in a rear wheel drive, 505hp car. Yes, the exhaust opens up at the higher ends of the rev range in dynamic mode, but you don't enjoy the rumble, more exotic exhaust below these bursts of speed in this and lower settings.

Celtic Tuning out of the UK listened to complaints about this and came up with an ECU mod to have the exhaust fully open in Dynamic Mode, but unfortunately there are no Celtic dealers in my area. And I prefer to not have to do this if I don't have to. You can also do the hack job on the suction tubes but that is a permanent solution.

I hope Alfa sees the err in their ways on this (or perhaps I am in the minority and there is no error) and makes the software change to make the great sounding exhaust available full time in dynamic or even better yet, make it user selectable with a button or visa vi the interface. I emailed Alfa about this complaint in hopes they listen and make the change, but I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Comeon do we really need another thread about this?

From my expericence of Alfaromeo it is not going to happen.
I am not happy about it either so I will go for an aftermarket remote control (on that directly actuates the flaps and doesnt have an impact on the software).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not happy about it either so I will go for an aftermarket remote control (on that directly actuates the flaps and doesnt have an impact on the software).
A solution like a remote or what Burger does for the M4 would be optimal. http://www.burgertuning.com/f_series_can_flap_module_BMW.html

Do you know of a remote product that is in effect universal and will work with the QV or one that specifically in development for it? Appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
646 Posts
THIS. There is a relatively easy aftermarket solution. It been available for Ferraris for years, and doesn't 'hurt' the car in any way.

·
Registered
149 Posts
A solution like a remote or what Burger does for the M4 would be optimal. http://www.burgertuning.com/f_series_can_flap_module_BMW.html

Do you know of a remote product that is in effect universal and will work with the QV or one that specifically in development for it? Appreciate the advice.

Actually I dont even want one with OBD Connection.
Just a simple switch from series to open
I guy in a german forum is already in discussion with them on how to make it work with the giulia

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have contacted Steve Bisel from forzacomponenti
http://www.forzacomponenti.com/

He is going to look into a system for the Giulia. They make systems for Italian cars allready.
Switched to normaal mode , allways open and allways closed.

He would like to get in contact with US based Quadrifoglio owners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts