Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm a large dude, I've had a car with well bolstered sport seats before and found them to be uncomfortable on long trips, the side bolsters poked into my thighs because I like to manspread. I have no such problem with the base seats, they were a preference for me this time. The lack of seat bottom tilt doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I found that after 3 weeks and 1000 miles the "sport seat squeeze" relaxed considerably.

One thing to consider with the sport seats is that egress is impaired by the protruding bolsters.
Depending on your height, ingress/egress is a bit more challenging getting over the seat bottom bolsters. However, once in, they are more supportive than both the base seat and Lusso seats. I'm 5'8" and have sport seats in all three of my vehicles. I would not change a thing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have not tried the base seats. I will check them out next time I am at the dealer. I love the TI Sport seats in mine. I am 5’8” with a normal build.

·
Registered
46 Posts
LOL.. Went with my father in-law to check out his next lease car. as his rover is due in a few months. I have recommend a stelivo base for him.. he test drove it and love it. he is no small guy.. with a pant size 38. think that the base seat would be easier for him to get in and out. low and behold I told him to also try the sport seat in a stelivo Quad. and he loves it better. He many like it for now. but when to time come for him to get in and out regularly. he may hate it. LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm 5'11", 150lbs and been doing back 'n forth on seats. I want to get the sport seats, but the bolster digs into my right arm / tricep when resting my hand on the gear shift or the infotainment knobs. Has anyone else experienced that? Any way to adjust to avoid that or that's a sign I need the base seats?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I'm 5'11", 150lbs and been doing back 'n forth on seats. I want to get the sport seats, but the bolster digs into my right arm / tricep when resting my hand on the gear shift or the infotainment knobs. Has anyone else experienced that? Any way to adjust to avoid that or that's a sign I need the base seats?
The side bolsters are power adjustable.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The side bolsters are power adjustable.
Interesting, but if I flex those out so they are less tight, then I wouldn't get the benefit of the sport seats, right? I assume the bolsters don't adjust down, they just become less tight.
Correct. I will say I've never noticed any awkward rubbing, but I also don't drive with my hand on the shifter.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm 6' and right around 215-220lbs and the Sport Seats are perfectly comfortable with excellent bolstering. A bonus is that they are adjustable. I would recommend them. I took a near 7.5 hour trip to Montreal (via Niagara Falls/Toronto and QEW) and I was never once uncomfortable.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The easy remedy would be to use proper driving technique and keep both hands on the steering wheel. >:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my got in 2017 and didn't realize there were sport seats. I later got a loaner with them and, for me, the difference was amazing. The base seats were comfortable, when compared to my previous car a Honda Accord. I'm 5'11" 190.

I like corners, and in the base seat I slide around. Often I end up leaning against the door or holding my self with the console. Basically keeping two hands on the wheel gets to be a problem. When I drove the loaner, none of that was a problem. I was held in place perfectly.

I also enjoyed the longer base for my knees. So I'm looking for a way to switch out the seats.
Two years later, did you find the way how to switch the seats? If yes, please tell us how. Thank you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The car i am purchasing does NOT have the sport seats. Are the non sport seats comfortable for a 5'7" person? I am picking up the car tomorrow sight unseen (except the pictures). I did test drive one with sport seats that was being sold by a non dealer and I liked them. Your comments are appreciated.
I don't have sport seats. I like them just fine. One reason I did not consider the sport seat was when the extension pulls out for the bottom of your legs, It gets filled full of dust and debris and I also saw one just broken at a show. I'm only 5'9" and I'm comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Two years later, did you find the way how to switch the seats? If yes, please tell us how. Thank you.
I'm interested as well if someone actually changed seats. I would like to change from base seats to sports seats. Contacted local dealership to buy everything new, but he just started to smile and told me it would be cheaper to exchange the car with another one including sports seats.

But now I can buy an almost complete interior from a wrecked car. One of the front seats is missing (damaged during accident) and I wonder just buying one new replacement seat. Probably still too expensive.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm interested as well if someone actually changed seats. I would like to change from base seats to sports seats. Contacted local dealership to buy everything new, but he just started to smile and told me it would be cheaper to exchange the car with another one including sports seats.

But now I can buy an almost complete interior from a wrecked car. One of the front seats is missing (damaged during accident) and I wonder just buying one new replacement seat. Probably still too expensive.
The biggest obstacle is you probably don’t have the correct wiring harness. The seat needs to power, ground and signal to communicate via canbus. And since your car didn’t come with sport seats, it’s not just a simple matter of plugging everything in. You’ll also have to code the correct modules. Not sure if the aftermarket has caught up with proxy settings or whatever to do this without dealer/ factory support. But you might need to go to a dealer who has wiTECH and dealer access to DealerCONNECT portal to update whatever they have to do on that end to even allow the configuration. Kind of like the Apple CarPlay debacle. Manufacturers decide which equipment to allow you to install aftermarket by controlling the software side of things.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2017 Ti with sport seats
I like them, it would better if the lower part of the seat had tilt adjust,
But over all they're great !

21 - 39 of 39 Posts