Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car i am purchasing does NOT have the sport seats. Are the non sport seats comfortable for a 5'7" person? I am picking up the car tomorrow sight unseen (except the pictures). I did test drive one with sport seats that was being sold by a non dealer and I liked them. Your comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Comfort is a personal issue. Some people are comfortable in the standard seats, others are not. Same with the sport seats. There is no one size fits all answer here. Only you can decide whether they're comfortable or not. Ballsy move buying a car without test driving it first to see if you even like the standard seats.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Clearly not as much bolstering so if that's something you like, the standard seats will be a let down...It sounds to me though that you're pretty easy going and your frame is not so massive that you'll probably be OK....Any other spec details ?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I test drove one with the base seats and only sat in one with the sports seats. When I placed my order I ordered the Ti in order to get the sports seats (and some other options). On the test drive I did slide around a bit in the base seat, I don't have that issue with the sports seat. I love the way it holds me in place. I am 6' 3" 230lbs with long legs so the extendable thigh support was a must for me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hated the standard seats but, as said it is a personal thing...and I track the car and autocross so it is important to me to stay put.. it's a great car should be good either way, it's all about how you feel......

·
Registered
57 Posts
I found the base seats to be uncomfortable with virtually no side bolstering at all. They really make no sense in this car. I'm 6 foot.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
The car i am purchasing does NOT have the sport seats. Are the non sport seats comfortable for a 5'7" person? I am picking up the car tomorrow sight unseen (except the pictures). I did test drive one with sport seats that was being sold by a non dealer and I liked them. Your comments are appreciated.
I test drove a car w/o the sport seats and thought they were sport seats! I'm 5'11'' They are very supportive. The only major difference, IMO, is that the "sport seats" have adjustable components (length and bolster).

My opinion is that you will LOVE the regular seats (and the car).

·
Registered
624 Posts
Both the base seats and sport seats are lacking the Lusso’s front seat cushion height adjustment, which would allow one to adjust the tilt of the seat bottom. It is a critical deficiency IMO. I didn’t realize this on a short test drive but I can’t get comfortable on long trips due to inadequate thigh support. On my sport seats the extendable thigh support cushion does very little as my legs are bent in such a way that my thighs barely touch the cushion at all.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,784 Posts
Both the base seats and sport seats are lacking the Lusso’s front seat cushion height adjustment, which would allow one to adjust the tilt of the seat bottom. It is a critical deficiency IMO. I didn’t realize this on a short test drive but I can’t get comfortable on long trips due to inadequate thigh support. On my sport seats the extendable thigh support cushion does very little as my legs are bent in such a way that my thighs barely touch the cushion at all.
Same here, though a sub-critical deficiency for my fit; the sport seats are comfy, just not ideal. It had not occurred to me that a $50k car would not have tilt adjustment, so lesson learned, I guess.

I did like the Lusso seats, too, but did not try a base seat. I’m a long legged 6’, so the more pressing concern for me is getting the leg extension I like with a sufficiently nearby steering wheel. I lke adjustable pedals for this reason, and find Audi has been my best fit (through 2 A6s and an A8):

·
Supporting Vendor
621 Posts
I don't understand why they did this either. The seat options on the Stelvio are the same, and it is frustrating. A small pillow for your thigh helps on long trips.

The "base" Quadrifoglio seats are basically an alcantara version of the sport seats with the height and angle adjustable bottom. To me the rearward tilt of the bottom cushion is essential for comfort.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I have Base seat, 5'11", and chunky, fit fine. Sports seats squeezed me a bit, so I went regular. I don't regret it.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
I have Base seat, 5'11", and chunky, fit fine. Sports seats squeezed me a bit, so I went regular. I don't regret it.
I found that after 3 weeks and 1000 miles the "sport seat squeeze" relaxed considerably.

One thing to consider with the sport seats is that egress is impaired by the protruding bolsters.

Reactions: mc3456

·
Registered
573 Posts
I don't understand why they did this either. The seat options on the Stelvio are the same, and it is frustrating. A small pillow for your thigh helps on long trips.

The "base" Quadrifoglio seats are basically an alcantara version of the sport seats with the height and angle adjustable bottom. To me the rearward tilt of the bottom cushion is essential for comfort.
So are you saying that the Base QV seats (Sport Seat in Ti) has forward/back, seat height up/down, and seat bottom tilt? Along with the incline adjustments for the seat back and the lumbar in/out, up/down? So it's the sports seat with the Lusso base?

If that is the case one should be able to order the adjustable seat base for the QV and put it in the Ti to have all the adjustments.

Has anyone looked into this? Be nice to have part number(s) and know what all would be needed.

Reactions: lockem

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,784 Posts
I'm honestly surprised the peanut gallery hasn't chimed in to deride the concern, suggest a $5 accent pillow to put under our thighs, and admonish us to stop complaining and just drive. Seriously. But also happy!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I found that after 3 weeks and 1000 miles the "sport seat squeeze" relaxed considerably.

One thing to consider with the sport seats is that egress is impaired by the protruding bolsters.
I expect the sport seats to show wear reasonably quickly on the outside bolster. That's what happened with a Lexus IS250 with relatively mild bolsters.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I have 20000 miles on the sport seats. They are wonderful for me. I think they really add to the personality of the car: you feel "in" the car, not on it. My opinion. I'm also only 5'7" and not stocky...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my got in 2017 and didn't realize there were sport seats. I later got a loaner with them and, for me, the difference was amazing. The base seats were comfortable, when compared to my previous car a Honda Accord. I'm 5'11" 190.

I like corners, and in the base seat I slide around. Often I end up leaning against the door or holding my self with the console. Basically keeping two hands on the wheel gets to be a problem. When I drove the loaner, none of that was a problem. I was held in place perfectly.

I also enjoyed the longer base for my knees. So I'm looking for a way to switch out the seats.

·
Registered
342 Posts
So are you saying that the Base QV seats (Sport Seat in Ti) has forward/back, seat height up/down, and seat bottom tilt? Along with the incline adjustments for the seat back and the lumbar in/out, up/down? So it's the sports seat with the Lusso base?

If that is the case one should be able to order the adjustable seat base for the QV and put it in the Ti to have all the adjustments.

Has anyone looked into this? Be nice to have part number(s) and know what all would be needed.
It would be great if we could find out if the seat bottom swap was possible. I sent an IM to Alfatec, I hope he knows the answer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same here, though a sub-critical deficiency for my fit; the sport seats are comfy, just not ideal. It had not occurred to me that a $50k car would not have tilt adjustment, so lesson learned, I guess.

I did like the Lusso seats, too, but did not try a base seat. I’m a long legged 6’, so the more pressing concern for me is getting the leg extension I like with a sufficiently nearby steering wheel. I lke adjustable pedals for this reason, and find Audi has been my best fit (through 2 A6s and an A8):
Are you a "lean" 6 foot lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts