Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to swap the standard seats with the sport seats? I'm wondering if this would be an easy plug-n-play swap? I have a 2017 Giulia Sprint (I think it's the TI) with the standard seats and I recently purchased a like-new set of sport seats from a 2019 Giulia. I noticed that the sport seats have an additional two buttons on them and I'm wondering if they will automatically work when I plug them in. Any thoughts, experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello! I cannot be certain - perhaps another member can confirm - but the "brains" of the car will need to be updated to recognize this new configuration. At least from what I've been learning from my ow car rebuild is that a Proxy Alignment is required to re-teach the car what it has installed in it so that it both recognizes the hardware and can communicate correctly with it. Though I am unsure what the additional function is with the two buttons (memory settings perhaps?) I do know that there is a specific Comfort Seat and Wheel Module (CSWM) that may need to be reconfigured to recognize the new seats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, this is what I expected. I'm wondering if it's something I can do myself or I should ask my dealer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you have the MultiECUScan software with required OBDII interface(s) I don't think it'd be too difficult to complete yourself. Again, I'm still new to the software side of the car so before going down a rabbit hole it'd be good to get confirmation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an OBDII interface but I don't know if I have or need specific Alfa Romeo software. I think I will try it and see what happens. I'll share my experience when I make the swap.

·
Registered
Giulia 2.2 AE Business Super / Squadra Massimo
8 Posts
do the seats come with the cswm module? you probably need another one then you have for you current seats

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the cswm module the black box mounted under the seat? If yes, then yes it is included.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Curious to know how it goes as I have considered the same thing. As an aside, about how much were your sport seats? We're they out of a wreck? Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found the sport seats locally from an auto parts dealer/wrecker here in Ontario, Canada. I assume they were from a wreck but I’m not 100% sure because they are in mint condition with air bags intact. I paid just over $600 cdn for both front and back seats. It was a bargain I just couldn’t pass up.

·
Registered
321 Posts
$600 cdn the full set is almost a give away price! Since I'm looking for the saddle tan/brown seats my search has not been fruitful. I'm hoping though.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I found the sport seats locally from an auto parts dealer/wrecker here in Ontario, Canada. I assume they were from a wreck but I’m not 100% sure because they are in mint condition with air bags intact. I paid just over $600 cdn for both front and back seats. It was a bargain I just couldn’t pass up.
Jeez, I need to take a trip to Canada! These America car wreckers have been raising their prices by the minute! I’ve been keeping my eye on a rear bumper for my car and I’ve seen the prices more than double.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Out of curiousity, how are you seaching for parts in the US? I tried LKQ but they don't list Alfa. I have also tried car-part.com but the locations aren't very responsive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Car-Part.com chat is unresponsive, but I've found that a good-ol' phonecall to the dealers will usually get you some pretty quick answers. CarId.com has a decent set of parts diagrams you can use to find the PN you're looking for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I found my seats on EBay, but it was a listing from a local LKQ location so I saved the shipping charges. I think I just got lucky.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts