Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skid strips done for the Giulia Quadrifoglio. Leave about a 1 inch reveal behind the leading edge and taper the leading edges of the molding trim for good aero ? Some of the bumper edge protrudes underneath so this was a good compromise. I based my skid placement on photos of damaged splitters. The mounting bolt hole was a prime contact point. My ramps are a little bit small for the Grande Dame ? Wash tomorrow.

Attachments

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Skid strips done for the Giulia Quadrifoglio. Leave about a 1 inch reveal behind the leading edge and taper the leading edges of the molding trim for good aero ? Some of the bumper edge protrudes underneath so this was a good compromise. I based my skid placement on photos of damaged splitters. The mounting bolt hole was a prime contact point. My ramps are a little bit small for the Grande Dame ? Wash tomorrow.
Smart. Yours looks real clean underneath. One or two packs? I will hunt these down. I just picked this up. We already skidded that protruding bumper. Got spay and pen Alfa Paint and then maybe add this strip to that area. At least it will hit the strips first. That is a bad spot to keep the bumper extending. Can't see it unless you look underneath. Great idea

Attachments

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes very cool! Sorry you actually scraped already. I have used my curb ramps religiously every time even though it may be just high enough not to touch. The diffuser worries me since Kanundrum let us know about it early on. I have to back out of a steep driveway. The great thing about this stuff is the vinyl is soft enough to grind away, save your fasteners and paint and not gouge the pavement of make hideous noises. Probably need just one pack. I can measure it and see. I finished some left over and started a new pack. The bumper edge is out there. And the aero deflector in front of the tire is going to make contact. But it's soft vinyl too which is smart. The molding comes off with dental floss or fishing line (a little more risky) and soapy water/goo gone. Really like this stuff and it disappears easily. Oh, my ramps started to slide, even though I put a 2x4 in front of each to keep the splitter from touching the ramp. It did touch when it slid but didn't mar! Ended up wearing off some of the rubber grip stoppers underneath the ramps. Probably because the car is heavier than the Miata ;) and the 2x4 may have prevented the stopper from gripping as the tire rolled up and over. But I got up OK and it made it easy to see. Plenty of time to wash her tomorrow! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts