Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a cup already in the cup holder and an open soft drink just on top of the cigarette lighter, basically leaning on it. I picked up my cup that was already in the cup holder and I took a strong right and the opened soft drink (7UP) spilled into the cup holder. Now most of the liquid filled up the cup holder, but apparently it seeped into the slight opening between the closer and the cup holder. Now it gets stuck and doesn't close smoothly or sometimes it just gets stuck completely. Couldn't get much help from the official dealer here. Hopefully someone with such shitty experience could shine some methods for cleaning. Would extremely appreciate it. Thank you.

Car Model: Alfa Romeo Giulia
Year Model: 2019
Regional Specs: GCC
Trim Level: Base (Fabric Seats)

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
So I had a cup already in the cup holder and an open soft drink just on top of the cigarette lighter, basically leaning on it. I picked up my cup that was already in the cup holder and I took a strong right and the opened soft drink (7UP) spilled into the cup holder. Now most of the liquid filled up the cup holder, but apparently it seeped into the slight opening between the closer and the cup holder. Now it gets stuck and doesn't close smoothly or sometimes it just gets stuck completely. Couldn't get much help from the official dealer here. Hopefully someone with such shitty experience could shine some methods for cleaning. Would extremely appreciate it. Thank you.

The sugar in the soda turns to a sticky residue when it dries , your only real option is to remove the assembly and clean it thoroughly with hot water.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,511 Posts
The sugar in the soda turns to a sticky residue when it dries , your only real option is to remove the assembly and clean it thoroughly with hot water.
Hot softened water so as not to leave deposits when dry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I had a cup already in the cup holder and an open soft drink just on top of the cigarette lighter, basically leaning on it. I picked up my cup that was already in the cup holder and I took a strong right and the opened soft drink (7UP) spilled into the cup holder. Now most of the liquid filled up the cup holder, but apparently it seeped into the slight opening between the closer and the cup holder. Now it gets stuck and doesn't close smoothly or sometimes it just gets stuck completely. Couldn't get much help from the official dealer here. Hopefully someone with such shitty experience could shine some methods for cleaning. Would extremely appreciate it. Thank you detailing by aperfectshinedetailing.

Is it clean?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts