Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedometer is off at least 2 miles a hour. Sometimes it seems it's 3-4 MPH off. Tires have proper pressure. Anyone get this fixed? @Beta Romeo any chance a speed calibration can be done to fix this?

Yes, I have searched the forum and I heard that Alfa puts in a lower speed in the system but that's bogus if it's true.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
My speedometer is off at least 2 miles a hour. Sometimes it seems it's 3-4 MPH off. Tires have proper pressure. Anyone get this fixed? @Beta Romeo any chance a speed calibration can be done to fix this?
Most people find it's actually very accurate.... How did you find yours is not ? just curious ;)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mine is 3 MPH lower exactly with 20 PSI.

1-2 MPH with proper PSI in the tires.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think being off by 2MPH is considered pretty accurate. The speedometers are calibrated to show higher than your actual speed. My Audi A4 always showed 4MPH higher than the actual speed and my Giulia is off only by 2MPH.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,474 Posts
Do the readings of your digital and dial speedometers match?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine is between 2-3 mph higher than the actual speed also.

·
Registered
2019 TI Sport RWD Vesuvio Grey
46 Posts
My digital speedo consistently reads 2 mph faster than my actual speed.

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
2,445 Posts
Mine reads 2mph high with the 2.0l wheel/tire package and is almost dead accurate (maybe .5mph low) using qv wheel and tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is very typical and impacted by tire choice and tire pressure. Why worry about it?
If my math is correct (highly suspect!) Then over my 87000 mile extended warranty I could be losing between 2 and 3 thousand miles of that to an inflated speedometer reading...assuming of course that this translates to an inflated odometer reading as well. Makes me wonder if you could argue this if you are slightly out of warranty trying to get a problem fixed.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If my math is correct (highly suspect!) Then over my 87000 mile extended warranty I could be losing between 2 and 3 thousand miles of that to an inflated speedometer reading...assuming of course that this translates to an inflated odometer reading as well. Makes me wonder if you could argue this if you are slightly out of warranty trying to get a problem fixed.
doubt it, because odometer and speedometer are not linked
Speedometer reads high by design, for legal reasons. Odometer is usually very accurate

1 - 20 of 37 Posts