1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have question about speed limiter
How does this feature work?
Because when I set up this thing, I thought if my speed reached limiter, it couldn't go up or ringing something like that.
But nothing happened.
Does anybody know about this feature?

·
Registered
86 Posts
It doesn't limit your speed, it only alerts you (via a chime) when you are at or are exceeding the speed you have set.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0
104 Posts
I don't know which car you guys are talking about, but my base giulia does what it says. I set it to 80 and it never lets me cross 80(maybe 81 at times), no matter how much I floor the gas pedal. Which means, it wouldn't even raise the RPM

·
Registered
372 Posts
I don't know which car you guys are talking about, but my base giulia does what it says. I set it to 80 and it never lets me cross 80(maybe 81 at times), no matter how much I floor the gas pedal. Which means, it wouldn't even raise the RPM
Oh wow... hmmm gonna have to try it out...

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,744 Posts
I thought it was just a chime, or is that a different setting?
A strict speed limiter is not very safe for passing on 2 lane roads.
A chime is a great idea for avoiding getting hauled away to jail for excessive speed on the highway.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Page 145 of Current Owners manual;

SPEED LIMITER Description This feature allows the speed of the vehicle to be limited to speeds, which can be set by the driver. The maximum speed can be set with the vehicle stationary or in motion.The minimum speed that can be set is 18 mph (30mk/h). When this feature is active, the vehicle speed depends on the pressing of the accelerator pedal until the programmed speed limit is reached(see"Speed Limit Programming"paragraph).

Activating The Device The feature can be activated/ deactivated through the Information and Entertainment System. Activating The Device To access this feature on the main menu, select the following items in sequence: "Settings","Safety",“Speed Limiter”and “ON”. The activation of this feature is signaled by the displaying of the green symbol along with the last speed set.The Speed Limiter feature can remain active concurrently with the Speed Control system.If a speed limit below the one indicated in the Speed

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0
104 Posts
Well, setting the speed limiter to a limit wont help. There is another option to activate it.
So maybe you guys are missing the second necessary option.
Either that or your cars came with a whole different firmware as my car does not have any kind of chimes or buzzers.

I agree to whatever @MakeitRain said

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Again there is NO Chime for the Speed Limiter setting. The green icon will flash on the instrument cluster if you happen to exceed your set speed limit. Please read pages 145 & 146.
Well, setting the speed limiter to a limit wont help. There is another option to activate it.
So maybe you guys are missing the second necessary option.
Either that or your cars came with a whole different firmware as my car does not have any kind of chimes or buzzers.

I agree to whatever @MakeitRain said
Then it can goes up faster than limit? if it shows flash thing only?

·
Registered
150 Posts
The speed limiter is designed to help you keep within the speed you set when you're driving moderately. So if you drive below the set speed and slowly increase your speed, e. g. accidently going down a hill, it will not allow the car to go faster. This is a good function to stop speeding through long stretches of average speed camera when full cruise control is not desirable.

If you want to defeat the limiter, e. g. for an overtake or to pull away from trouble, press the accelerator hard and it will let you, and will flash the green symbol. The system will then remain off until your speed drops below the set limit again.

For those people saying it isn't working, maybe you're accelerating too hard through the limit. Approach the limit slowly and see what happens.

·
Registered
167 Posts
There are both features. It has a speed warning chime, and a speed limiter. The limiter, when set, can be temporarily overridden if needed by pressing the accelerator all the way.
MacGeek. I can understand and operate the limiter feature but where is the chime located? That could be a useful feature for me (ie set a limit and be made aware when exceeding it)...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts