Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the speed limit displays on the navigation screen? Will it display elsewhere if the Nav. is off?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
It definitely does not display if the nav is off, but I have never used the nav before so not sure on that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Only on Nav screen.

·
Registered
256 Posts
And you can’t have it in split screen Nav, it must be full screen Nav.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Full screen nav, look in the lower bar, for a small speed limit sign (mine is almost always red) to the left of center.

Reactions: ChiGuy and RyanC883

·
Registered
630 Posts
It is nice on our Volvo XC90 to have speed limit info available all the time on the instrument panel. They call it Road Sign Information (RSI) function and it uses the camera system in the rear view mirror housing to read the signs. It also does school zones and other signs. It’s pretty nifty and pretty accurate also. Other systems might work different. Some rely on GPS and extensive databases from companies like Speed Gauge, Drive Aware or Tom Tom.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is nice on our Volvo XC90 to have speed limit info available all the time on the instrument panel. They call it Road Sign Information (RSI) function and it uses the camera system in the rear view mirror housing to read the signs. It also does school zones and other signs. It’s pretty nifty and pretty accurate also. Other systems might work different. Some rely on GPS and extensive databases from companies like Speed Gauge, Drive Aware or Tom Tom.
I love the Road Sign feature. Test drove a Volvo that had it. It was amazing. Perhaps something for next years Alfa's!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
It turns red when you're going over the limit lol
I know...figured the OP would figure that out pretty quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts