Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
For those of you who special ordered from the factory did you agree on a purchase price before ordering, pay MSRP or negotiate after dealer delivery?
Thanks
I special ordered my Quadrifoglio on 2017-04-17 and took delivery on 2017-09-14, almost a five month wait. I had "built" my car several times using the alfaromeousa.com web site prior to placing my order, so I knew the MSRP in advance. That is exactly the price I got from the dealer. In this instance, knowing that dealers were allocated, at that time, one Quadrifoglio per month, I knew it was a seller's market. Though I attempted to negotiate the price down, the dealer wouldn't budge...and I knew he didn't have to. So I was happy to get MSRP, especially after hearing that other buyers had been charged a "dealer premium".

·
Registered
693 Posts
For those of you who special ordered from the factory did you agree on a purchase price before ordering, pay MSRP or negotiate after dealer delivery?
Thanks
I negotiated up front, below msrp. I did not pay any deposit until order was accepted by Alfa and I had a VON and I had the price in writing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I negotiated a modest $1200 discount when placing the order for my Ti in March, but left the option for purchase or lease open. I was promised that any additional incentives would be applied at time of delivery. When I took delivery in July I got an additional $4000 discount from FCA because I also own an Audi. I had also joined ($100) an FCA supported non-profit that would give me employee pricing of 6% below MSRP, but the $5200 discount was more than 10%. Overall my purchase experience was the best of any new car purchase I have made. There was no pressure, the salespeople were well trained and gracious, and the car is fantastic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I negotiated a modest $1200 discount when placing the order for my Ti in March, but left the option for purchase or lease open. I was promised that any additional incentives would be applied at time of delivery. When I took delivery in July I got an additional $4000 discount from FCA because I also own an Audi. I had also joined ($100) an FCA supported non-profit that would give me employee pricing of 6% below MSRP, but the $5200 discount was more than 10%. Overall my purchase experience was the best of any new car purchase I have made. There was no pressure, the salespeople were well trained and gracious, and the car is fantastic.
Sorry to thread necro but I'd rather add to the conversation than start a new one.

With these FCA supported non-profits as Greg mentions and I've seen @Alexd3498 Access Fund how do you take advantage of that pricing? Do you just mention it to a sales rep? I haven't signed up for any of the programs yet and my BMW 335 lease is up in July.

·
Registered
203 Posts
As I understand it, these FCA affiliates can offer employee pricing (6% below msrp) to their members. Your dealer needs to be a participating dealer in the program, though most dealers are. The FCA incentives available when I took delivery amounted to a 10% discount, so I went with that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the response. So it sounds like I'd have to see if my local dealer even participates to see if its worth it and then see if they're willing to share any information on the current offers. We're fairly isolated where I live in that within 100 miles one owner has a monopoly on every single car dealership. There is no real competition and they don't really negotiate. I can drive farther the to buy a car but then I have to still get it serviced here and may have to deal with some resentment for not buying the car there (possibly no loaners? And with some of the horror stories that's a bit scary).

Though on the loaner thing, with my current BMW which was no small cost they have never given me a loaner, they've shuttled me and after the shuttle didn't even show up and I had to wait an extra hour for then to come get me I just work from the dealership now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts