Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on ordering the AWD Ti in the Vulcano black metallic and red interior this week. I'm figuring it's going to take about 5 months to get the car which is a drag.

I noticed from photos/videos on You Tube that the "stance" is a bit different than 2wd version. I'm also told that the AWD version handles better and takes off slightly faster from a standing start.

Is all this true?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got a Giulia Q4 a few weeks ago. 3,500 miles now. Awesome car.

The Q4 accelerates faster than the 2WD. According to the owners manual the 0 to 60 time for the Q4 is 5.1 seconds. A little quicker than the 2WD, that I believe is rated at 5.4 seconds (don't hold me to these numbers)

I was reluctant to get a Q4 because of more weight, more parts that can fail, and lower gas mileage. I got it because it was the only Alfa Red they had.

I am very glad I did! The acceleration and handling of the Q4 is fantastic. It corners like it is on rails.

I understand than during normal driving the traction is in the rear wheels, but under certain conditions can transfer up to 40% to the front wheels.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sandlegoalfa.. I am picking up my new TI Q4 on Monday!! Vulcano Black/Red interior!! I was in the right place at the right time. My dealer was sent 3 Vulcano Black cars. one of them is a Quadrofoglio. The other two are identical TI Q4's, except for interior color.. one red, and one brown. It has the 19 inch sport package, the Harmon Kardon radio, driver assistance static package, and bluetooth w/NAV, red calipers, ... MSRP, 48,340. I am pumped to get it!!! LOVE the color combo. do you live in a state that requires a front license plate? the Alfa bracket that is included requires a side mount with screws into the bumper. someone at my dealer put me onto an aftermarket product that mounts under the bumper, center, and can be left in the up position, or can be flipped down under the bumper.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'm planning on ordering the AWD Ti in the Vulcano black metallic and red interior this week. I'm figuring it's going to take about 5 months to get the car which is a drag.

I noticed from photos/videos on You Tube that the "stance" is a bit different than 2wd version. I'm also told that the AWD version handles better and takes off slightly faster from a standing start.

Is all this true?
First of all, congratulations

The RWD is 5.3 0-60 and the AWD 5.1 0-60

The Q4 is 14mm taller than the 2wd (.6in)

I have driven just the Q4 but am very satisfied with the handling and generally I prefer the handling of AWD cars to RWD (just preference)

:smile2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.