Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a long time for a specific Giulia and unfortunately there are none close to me that I can see (Phoenix, AZ). I was wondering, can you special order a car to lease? I would assume it would depend on the dealer, but I was wondering if it's possible?

The car I want is:
  • Mode and trim: Giulia Ti Sport
  • Colour: Competizione red
  • Wheels: Dark 18/19 inch 5 hole
  • Interior colour: Black (or maybe tan) but not red

I find some cars close to this, but they have at least 1 of those items different. Appreciate any info!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Can you? Yes absolutely.
However, you'll probably not get a very good deal.

Have you looked at the socal dealers? When I lived in PHX i bought my BMW through Pacific and caught a quick flight to LA to pick it up and drove it back.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Some dealers will do a special order, others won't. It's up to the dealer. You'll need to talk with each dealer until you find one willing to work with you. For what it's worth, I'd try finding a dealer that has what you want. Me personally, I don't have a problem flying there and driving home. Enclosed shipping doesn't cost much, which is also a valid option on a car several thousand miles away.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you? Yes absolutely.

Have you looked at the socal dealers? When I lived in PHX i bought my BMW through Pacific and caught a quick flight to LA to pick it up and drove it back.
Makes sense about not getting a good lease deal on a special order.

I have looked at some out of state dealers. Would you be able to recommend some socal ones that have a good reputation or pricing?

·
Registered
242 Posts

I have looked at some out of state dealers. Would you be able to recommend some socal ones that have a good reputation or pricing?
I've been on the east coast for a few years now so I don't know the Alfa dealers out there. I'm sure someone here could advise you though. I'd do a search for "socal"

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I bought mine from Strongsville and I believe they do leases. All I can say on that one is great deals but it is free open container shipping and if you hit the winter months expect to get a god awful filthy vehicle and salt or sand from snow remove equipment hitting your car. So I would order out of state when delivery would not take place and travel through snow states or get a closed container shipment which from California will run another $1k. Why did I know. I found a Rosso Comp Ti Sport (ended up buying a QV) which is what I was looking for. The California dealer would not ship in open container especially with the premium paint (Rosso/trofeo) because of cost. So I scoffed at the $1000 shipping. Sort of new to the whole out of state thing. You can get a good deal but you are also placing your “new” special ordered car on a truck for transport and your local dealers are not involved in the transaction. Early on Bill Luke was going to do a trade with LA dealership but the LA dealership sold it before I could close the transaction.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Can you? Yes absolutely.

The only Alfa dealer I've dealt with is Santa Monica Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Maserati. I can't comment on their pricing or if they'll do a special order for you. You'll need to talk to them on both accounts.

They did a special order for me with our Giulia Ti Q2, but this was the third new car we bought from them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only Alfa dealer I've dealt with is Santa Monica Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Maserati. I can't comment on their pricing or if they'll do a special order for you. You'll need to talk to them on both accounts.

They did a special order for me with our Giulia Ti Q2, but this was the third new car we bought from them.
That's helpful, thank you. I've actually been emailing someone there this week about a car that's in transit to them at the moment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts