Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After tiring of shopping for optioned Giulia I wanted. I bit the bullet on Thursday and ordered a 2019 the way I wanted it. Now the six month wait begins! Hopefully not that long, but it is what it is, no worries... Has anybody had an order come in sooner than six months?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Congrats. Hopefully it won’t be six months but better they told you that than 4-6 months and it is 6 months. I don’t believe they start production until July and not sure what day in July. I just heard July so they haven’t gone into production yet. What did the dealer say as far as are they building the 2019 now?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Orders for current model year typically come sooner than 6 months.

But the first round of 2018s were held at port for mysterious reasons until they were all released in November. I ordered my 2018 in early June and from what I can tell it was likely sitting at port in California by/before September.

Once you get to "NB" status ("Awaiting additional parts") don't expect to hear anything accurate until it arrives.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
"mysterious reasons"
"released in November"
"sitting at port"

that's it - someone here has received an ordered vehicle in 6 weeks, but you aren't going to get yours until ARusa decides to release 2019's to end users, which could be later than they release to certain dealers (maybe the ones who move a lot of 18's will get rewarded?).
and other people receiving theirs is no indication you should expect yours.

·
Registered
155 Posts
After tiring of shopping for optioned Giulia I wanted. I bit the bullet on Thursday and ordered a 2019 the way I wanted it. Now the six month wait begins! Hopefully not that long, but it is what it is, no worries... Has anybody had an order come in sooner than six months?
I ordered my Ti Sport on 5/31/18, since then it's gone through edit and now it's waiting for scheduling to build. My dealer in San Francisco said 4-5 months for delivery...an exercise in patience!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Also about to order a '19

Wondering if you were able to get any discount on your order?

I'm in same boat, picky about specs and no matches around (Ti Sport AWD). I'll be ordering within the next ~month. Apparently orders for '18s are no longer being accepted as the '19s start to get built. Looks like there are some deals to be made on '18s on the lot or demos, but for factory order '19s, I'm not so hopeful about the dealer being incented ...

·
Registered
333 Posts
I was with a friend at an Fiat dealer the other day (I have nothing to do with them looking at Fiats and that dealer also is a Alfa dealer, but it is not a primary sale for them) and was talking to one of their sales rep. It turns out that rep was one of the managers in sales. I asked him about the 19s and how long did they expect them to arrive if a customer ordered one. He told me they are telling customers to expect a 6 - 9 month wait. Keep in mind their Alfa sales are just an addon to their Fiat dealership, so I am sure that has something to do with the wait time.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Nice! Interested to see if you received any discounts on the ‘19?
If you are stil in the market and have not pulled the trigger on the C43 (i am not sure that one is comparable to the QV) but what do I know I think the C63 is the version and it should run you quite a few more bucks than the QV.

Check Alfa Ohio strongsville for posted internet deals. They seem to offer someone else $8k on an ordered 2019. So it is at least a data point but discounts can flux a little depending on incentives. Then take that deal back to your local and have a serious discussion. If you are speculating and not ready to deal than they may not be aggressive in the discounts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I did receive a number of discounts on most of my options from my newly ordered 2019 Sport Ti , totally $2500. My dealer doesn’t know what more discounts Alfa has slated for ‘19, but he’s expecting similar incentives to what’s being offered now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was with a friend at an Fiat dealer the other day (I have nothing to do with them looking at Fiats and that dealer also is a Alfa dealer, but it is not a primary sale for them) and was talking to one of their sales rep. It turns out that rep was one of the managers in sales. I asked him about the 19s and how long did they expect them to arrive if a customer ordered one. He told me they are telling customers to expect a 6 - 9 month wait. Keep in mind their Alfa sales are just an addon to their Fiat dealership, so I am sure that has something to do with the wait time.
Yeah, I'm getting the same answer up here in Toronto ... ~6 months. And perhaps custom orders will get less priority than some of the upfront dealer models which should go out the plant door first. This is from an Alfa-only dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts