Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm new here and the reason I decided to join was to help anyone out there that might be having issues with looking for better spark plugs than the champion ones that are recommended by dealer. I just purchased a 2017 Giulia Ti. 18k mi on it. I noticed I didn't have a smooth ride on it so I decided to check the plugs. Plugs were in bad shape. I researched all over the internet and I noticed how difficult it was to find better plugs. After all the research I finally found a better plug. The ngk ILZKR7B11. Wow what a difference!! Smoother ride and I immediately felt the power increase and also with a better idle. I crossed referenced the plug and there's actually other ngk plugs that work. I attached the picture for reference. The champion 9407 RER8ZWYCB4 Iridium Plug has a gap of .32 with a heat range 8. The ngk plug has a gap of .44 with a heat range 7. A much cooler plug for our turbo engines

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,464 Posts
Good info! Not sure a colder plug is necessary for a stock engine, but for the tuners out there those may be a good option.

Coming from the Honda Civic ricer world, I'm a huge fan of anything NGK. Quality products. I have a whopping 3600 miles on my MY18 Ti Q4 and the idle has started getting rough when cold the past couple of weeks. I should inspect the plugs, see what we got going on in there.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Recently AR increased the plug maintenance interval to 60 kmiles from the original 30 kmiles. I wonder if they changes the plug part number at the same time.

Also, how difficult was the work? I thought the #2 cylinder plug was a PITA to get at on the 4 cylinder engine.

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts
Correct plugs are NGK ILZKR7G. I have 4 in stock and 20 more coming in. I believe the 7751 resistor is a little different and the reach is 26.5mm with a gap of .043 vs 28.5mm. reach with a gap of .039. I'd try to stick with OEM. You don't want to introduce any problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi alfissimo,
Yes I did see that the gap and reach was different but I've been driving it with the plugs and it running great so far. Way better than the stock champions. The plugs you have NGK ILZKR7G I tried for the life of me to find and I could not find them ANYWHERE not evem online. I wouldn't mind buying 4 from you if you can tell me the process.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In response to lockems question the plugs were easy to replace especially from a non mechanic person like me. I had no issues at all. Just take your time removing the clips from the coils. A bit tricky. All 4 plugs were easy access

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts
Hi alfissimo,
Yes I did see that the gap and reach was different but I've been driving it with the plugs and it running great so far. Way better than the stock champions. The plugs you have NGK ILZKR7G I tried for the life of me to find and I could not find them ANYWHERE not evem online. I wouldn't mind buying 4 from you if you can tell me the process.

Order here.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The part number for the 19 60k plugs is the same as the 17-18 30k plugs. Alfa has said that 60k plug interval is also applicable to the 17-18’s...your mileage with your dealer may vary.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for your info and input. This is a great forum and it's helped me alot!! I'm glad I joined.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Correct plugs are NGK ILZKR7G. I have 4 in stock and 20 more coming in. I believe the 7751 resistor is a little different and the reach is 26.5mm with a gap of .043 vs 28.5mm. reach with a gap of .039. I'd try to stick with OEM. You don't want to introduce any problems.
Good afternoon,
I ordered the plugs today from you. Thank you for the link. I wanted to ask you a question if I may. When I am at full throttle on my 2017 Giulia to it has hesitation. Kinda feels like jerking or pulling. I have no check engine light on. Could that be a caused because of spark plugs issues?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good afternoon,
I ordered the plugs today from you. Thank you for the link. I wanted to ask you a question if I may. When I am at full throttle on my 2017 Giulia to it has hesitation. Kinda feels like jerking or pulling. I have no check engine light on. Could that be a caused because of spark plugs issues?
(2017 Giulia Ti)

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts
Good afternoon,
Hard to say. Any other symptoms with normal to spirited driving? Do you have a Pedalbox? Could be plugs, I will send out plugs asap so make sure to update us on the plug situation when you investigate them. Please let me know if you have Champion or NGK plugs in the car too. Should have NGK.

What is the fuel level when this happens? Sound almost like fuel starvation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good afternoon,
(
Hard to say. Any other symptoms with normal to spirited driving? Do you have a Pedalbox? Could be plugs, I will send out plugs asap so make sure to update us on the plug situation when you investigate them. Please let me know if you have Champion or NGK plugs in the car too. Should have NGK.

I have no other issues so far. I do have the go pedal box but I still have the same symptoms with it activated and not activated.

I don't have any other issues and I do have the go pedal box but I still have the hesitation with the pedal box activated and not activated. The gas tank is full. I attached a picture of the plugs that I have in the car now. I didn't like the champion ones. I had a rough idle with those. I can't wait to receive yours. When I install them I will test drive the car and let you know the outcome. I'm not a mechanic but I do know a bit about cars. I have two other cars that are supercharged but the Alfa is the first car I've had that's turbo. To me it's a very different feeling when it comes to power. My supercharged cars are alot smoother. I really appreciate your time and input.

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts
Wrong plugs, That is why you have the problems you have. Order just came through. My plugs will cure the problem. OE plugs are not available in standard NGK box yet. Only available from Alfa or me. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wrong plugs, That is why you have the problems you have. Order just came through. My plugs will cure the problem. OE plugs are not available in standard NGK box yet. Only available from Alfa or me. :)
Ok, great news. Can't wait to receive the plugs. I will message you soon. Take care.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alfissimo???
Thank you very much for your input and knowledge. I received your plugs and I installed them and the problem is gone. No more hesitation on full throttle. I also realized that your in San Diego and so am I. It's good to know your close because I assure you when my warranty ends and if I encounter any car problems I will be going to you!!! Thank you again

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts
Alfissimo???
Thank you very much for your input and knowledge. I received your plugs and I installed them and the problem is gone. No more hesitation on full throttle. I also realized that your in San Diego and so am I. It's good to know your close because I assure you when my warranty ends and if I encounter any car problems I will be going to you!!! Thank you again
Excellent news! Glad I could be of help and thank you for your business. Ciao!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts