Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just reached 30k miles on my 2017 Giulia Q2. There has been mixed reactions when it comes to replacing the spark plugs in the 2.0 T4 MAir engines. Some say replace at 30k and other say 60k. I reached out to Alfa customer service and they just advised to follow the manual.

This is where it gets interesting......

I noticed a huge error on the Alfa Romeo Website when it comes to the 2017 manual (possibly the same for 2018 as well since I read there are having the same issue).

Once you reach this page and select your year and model, you will have 3 manuals to download.
*Owner's Manual - https://www.alfaromeousa.com/content/dam/alfausa/uploads/owner-manuals/Giulia/2017-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia_Base-OM-3rd.pdf
*Radio Owner's Manual
*User Guide - https://www.alfaromeousa.com/content/dam/alfausa/uploads/owner-manuals/Giulia/2017-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia-UG.pdf

If you download the Owner's Manual and turn to page 202 you will notice that they recommend to change the spark plugs at 30/60/90/120k miles with the 2.0 T4 engine. BUT, it you download the User Guide and turn to page 170, you will then notice that they recommend to change the spark plugs at 60/120k miles.

To clear things up more, the Owner's Manual does not mention the QV 2.9 model, but if you then reference the User Guide and turn to page 167 you will notice that the 2.9 V6 is recommended to change spark plugs at 30/60/90/120k.

This leads me to believe that the Owner's Manual is incorrect and there is no real need to change at 30/60/90/120k miles on the 2.0 T4 engine. This could help keep money in the 2.0 T4 owner's pocket longer or spend that on other upgrades since the average cost is about $550 with Alfa mechanic's in my area outside of the direct Alfa dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I just reached 30k miles on my 2017 Giulia Q2. There has been mixed reactions when it comes to replacing the spark plugs in the 2.0 T4 MAir engines. Some say replace at 30k and other say 60k. I reached out to Alfa customer service and they just advised to follow the manual.

This is where it gets interesting......

I noticed a huge error on the Alfa Romeo Website when it comes to the 2017 manual (possibly the same for 2018 as well since I read there are having the same issue).

Once you reach this page and select your year and model, you will have 3 manuals to download.
*Owner's Manual - https://www.alfaromeousa.com/content/dam/alfausa/uploads/owner-manuals/Giulia/2017-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia_Base-OM-3rd.pdf
*Radio Owner's Manual
*User Guide - https://www.alfaromeousa.com/content/dam/alfausa/uploads/owner-manuals/Giulia/2017-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia-UG.pdf

If you download the Owner's Manual and turn to page 202 you will notice that they recommend to change the spark plugs at 30/60/90/120k miles with the 2.0 T4 engine. BUT, it you download the User Guide and turn to page 170, you will then notice that they recommend to change the spark plugs at 60/120k miles.

To clear things up more, the Owner's Manual does not mention the QV 2.9 model, but if you then reference the User Guide and turn to page 167 you will notice that the 2.9 V6 is recommended to change spark plugs at 30/60/90/120k.

This leads me to believe that the Owner's Manual is incorrect and there is no real need to change at 30/60/90/120k miles on the 2.0 T4 engine. This could help keep money in the 2.0 T4 owner's pocket longer or spend that on other upgrades since the average cost is about $550 with Alfa mechanic's in my area outside of the direct Alfa dealer.

View attachment 103046 View attachment 103048 View attachment 103049 View attachment 103050
The User Guide version number is no longer specified for the download, but Ver 4, which I had previously downloaded specified 30k interval for the 2.0.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The mileage was changed for the ‘19’s (I believe) to 60K, the spark plugs themselves remained unchanged (same part number, same plugs). My dealer is OK with waiting, and some feedback to questions has gone both ways. As an absolute, yes, this could be a cause for warranty voiding on a matter related to spark plugs if you don’t, but if the Users Guide is labeled for 2017 Giulia’s, save a copy!

Reactions: AmerikMasters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts