Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen them in an available QV yet?
Interested in this option but really need to be able to try it out before hand to see just how (un)comfortable it is.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
There is another thread floating around in the forums here somewhere on the topic. Can't find it at the moment... sorry. You really need to sit in the seats to make the decision for yourself. Keep in mind that the Sparco option loses the power recline. Not a big deal in my opinion. Also, if you are 5' 5" to 6" with a slender build, you will likely be happy. If you are pyramid shaped or michelin man stature, the seats will likely be less comfortable. Race seats are for race drivers. It is rare to see a race driver without a slender build.. just saying. Not judging. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is another thread floating around in the forums here somewhere on the topic. Can't find it at the moment... sorry. You really need to sit in the seats to make the decision for yourself. Keep in mind that the Sparco option loses the power recline. Not a big deal in my opinion. Also, if you are 5' 5" to 6" with a slender build, you will likely be happy. If you are pyramid shaped or michelin man stature, the seats will likely be less comfortable. Race seats are for race drivers. It is rare to see a race driver without a slender build.. just saying. Not judging. Good luck with your search.
The guy I carpool with everyday is a "larger gentleman" and has no problem with the Sparcos. I love them.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The guy I carpool with everyday is a "larger gentleman" and has no problem with the Sparcos. I love them.
I'll have a car on the lot Monday with Sparcos. The seat while stationary is comfortable, will give feedback on while driving Monday. Love the normal seat with power bolsters, will see how the sparcos do mid-corner early next week, I'm 5'8" 160. Our owner is 6 foot something, I have to move the seat forward for 5min every time I get in a car after him so I'll get his feedback as well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'll have a car on the lot Monday with Sparcos. The seat while stationary is comfortable, will give feedback on while driving Monday. Love the normal seat with power bolsters, will see how the sparcos do mid-corner early next week, I'm 5'8" 160. Our owner is 6 foot something, I have to move the seat forward for 5min every time I get in a car after him so I'll get his feedback as well.
A normal drive video review would be wonderful, especially comparing the standard seat on a typical drive.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Anyone seen them in an available QV yet?
Interested in this option but really need to be able to try it out before hand to see just how (un)comfortable it is.
No personal experience with the seats in the Quad, but I have sat in a few racing seats in my days.
What works well on the track, doesn't necessarily well on the street.
What works well on the street, doesn't necessarily well on the track.

If your Quad is going to be a daily driver, you might be better off with standard seats. Getting in and out of high-sided seats isn't the easiest thing. But, you also don't have a roll cage with side crash bars to crawl over and you don't have a removable steering wheel. You should really experience the seat before making a decision. And, there's you wife/girlfriend/passengers to consider. My wife wouldn't enjoy anything that remotely seems like an inconvenience.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
You should really experience the seat before making a decision. And, there's you wife/girlfriend/passengers to consider. My wife wouldn't enjoy anything that remotely seems like an inconvenience.
Definitely sit in them, but I personally found the Sparcos much more comfortable and roomy than the stock 4C seats. I didn't get them mainly because they weren't available on early-allocation cars. The other factor for me was the lack of seat heaters. So far I am very happy with the regular sport seats.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I sat in the SPARCO seats in Montreal last year...and I'm not tall nor am I slender...and they were fine as far as getting in and out...no better/no worse than what is my QV. HOWEVER the lack of mobility of the seat may become problematic for some for everyday driving...more so than the comfort factor....just putting it out there

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sorry for the delay Asad. I absolute love the sparco seats due to the curvature, however the tilt of the bottom part seat is just a fraction more than I prefer. I think the seat is comfortable, but moreso than comfort I think the seat adds to the car as far as the feel behind the wheel. Eventually I'll get a vid, curious about this launch control mentioned earlier that I wasn't aware of.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sorry for the delay Asad. I absolute love the sparco seats due to the curvature, however the tilt of the bottom part seat is just a fraction more than I prefer. I think the seat is comfortable, but more so than comfort I think the seat adds to the car as far as the feel behind the wheel. Eventually I'll get a vid, curious about this launch control mentioned earlier that I wasn't aware of.
This I can understand, I appreciate it. I'm also curious about the launch control?

Looking at videos as well, the seat looks slimmer then the standard seats but to me the standard seats felt very firm and I find lumbar support to be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
166 Posts
From all the pictures I've seen, the sparcos are not as aggressive/purposeful as lightweight buckets from Porsche, for example. And nothing at all like a real race seat. They don't look uncomfortable or difficult to get in and out of.

Even Porsche LWBs are big enough that you don't have to really be that slender to fit. I know people who find them too wide, actually.

The Alfa Sparco seats look to me be more race-style than actual race seats. I love the way they look, which is why I'm getting them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
From all the pictures I've seen, the sparcos are not as aggressive/purposeful as lightweight buckets from Porsche, for example. And nothing at all like a real race seat. They don't look uncomfortable or difficult to get in and out of.

Even Porsche LWBs are big enough that you don't have to really be that slender to fit. I know people who find them too wide, actually.

The Alfa Sparco seats look to me be more race-style than actual race seats. I love the way they look, which is why I'm getting them.
spot on (and I've been living with them for 6 weeks and 2,500 miles).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts